Mykle Hawke+T.O.P.S Hellion survival knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Not yet matey, I need to sell a couple of bits which I had intended to have up by now, but my broadband has gone pop, I might yet try and post a sales thread from my phone if BT don't get it sorted soon :(

Chastiser

Need to contact Admin...
I bet you were expecting a review or something, No i have a massive urge to sell a few bits of kit to raise the money to but this knife from Hennie Haynes( bla bla not related to store bla bla).

Does any one out there have one? if what do you think?

Can anybody save me from myself? I need the support of the group on this!! PLEASE STOP ME!:D

get a BK9 ;-)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Why does everyone see this thing as so darned tactical? It's the least "tactical" looking knife I have ever seen in my entire history with knives! I'd much rather have my new scandi bushie in a fight. Now this is tactical :)

Tactical -- i.e for actual fighting -- I'd pick a MOD survival knife, slightly reground, one of the larger Cold Steel tantos from the 80's or something like that. I think that what people mean is "tactical", which is a synonym for "black, angular, and perhaps somewhat scary, just like Grace Jones".

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I attended a course once where a guy had a Tom Brown Tracker Survival knife and he managed to do all the tasks. It was a matter of persistance on his part, he was determined to make the same items and use the knife for the bushcrafting spoons, bowls and such. He had to work 3 times harder than everyone with F1's and Mora Clippers. To his credit, he managed to get through. Probably determined by the fact he had paid almost $500 for the knife and sheath.
The steel was very hard, I tried to sharpen it some for him and it was near impossible. My opinion is that it was a better club than a cutting tool and designed by a so-called survival expert. I wonder what native plants he was smoking!
I say buy what you want and what you like but test it to see if it works well for the tasks you plan to use it for. Cheers!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I attended a course once where a guy had a Tom Brown Tracker Survival knife and he managed to do all the tasks. It was a matter of persistance on his part, he was determined to make the same items and use the knife for the bushcrafting spoons, bowls and such. He had to work 3 times harder than everyone with F1's and Mora Clippers. To his credit, he managed to get through. Probably determined by the fact he had paid almost $500 for the knife and sheath.
The steel was very hard, I tried to sharpen it some for him and it was near impossible. My opinion is that it was a better club than a cutting tool and designed by a so-called survival expert. I wonder what native plants he was smoking!
I say buy what you want and what you like but test it to see if it works well for the tasks you plan to use it for. Cheers!

It's not the knife design at fault here but the knife/user relationship. I know someone that can do things with the Tracker that to me would be impossible. I'm no lover of that design, but it does have many followers that understand the theory and methods it was dsigned for. Some people struggle with the much loved Mora Clipper. You have to choose the knife that works for you.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Oh the tracker! If I had one I would have to go feral in oregon for a bit taking out sweepers! I shall have to settle for munching pistachios while making figure four dead fall traps. do like the design touches and thought that's been put into that blade.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Oh the tracker! If I had one I would have to go feral in oregon for a bit taking out sweepers! I shall have to settle for munching pistachios while making figure four dead fall traps. do like the design touches and thought that's been put into that blade.

The ironic thing about the Tom Brown Tracker, is the small fact that Tom Brown and his instructors never use it. They all use Moras.

Hmmm, you mentioning that you eat pistachios and with all this Tom Brown talk, makes me think of something... but what? It'll come to me...

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
wondered how long it would take for comparisons to the tracker. hmmm... i quite like both of them to be honest. if you can afford/generate the funds and are likely to use it then get one (or both) and review them for us and prove everyone wrong.....or right! lol! ;)

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE