Mykle Hawke+T.O.P.S Hellion survival knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I bet you were expecting a review or something, No i have a massive urge to sell a few bits of kit to raise the money to but this knife from Hennie Haynes( bla bla not related to store bla bla).

Does any one out there have one? if what do you think?

Can anybody save me from myself? I need the support of the group on this!! PLEASE STOP ME!:D

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
David sir,..

there is no escape from the thing that is ones self!!!

just do what i do,....

buy it and suffer later,...

but you'll be suffering with that in the drawer to ease the pain,...

Plus you know Nanc will actually appreciate it too,....

you wont get the "why do you need another ******ng knife" treatment that i get.,....

PS, whats the T.O.P.S thing that u were comparing to my neckers last night,?.i cant open HH for some reason,..

Stu

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
5362.jpg

It was the little sweep of the finger guard that made think of these, they do one with a drop point too.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Southey,

Thats the fuggliest "Junior Rambo wannabe" knife, complete with ineffective saw, stupid "tacticool point" and beautifully arrayed in "mall ninja" black I have ever seen. Does it come with a plastic special services badge for you to fill in your name with crayon?

Red

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Southey,

Thats the fuggliest "Junior Rambo wannabe" knife, complete with ineffective saw, stupid "tacticool point" and beautifully arrayed in "mall ninja" black I have ever seen. Does it come with a plastic special services badge for you to fill in your name with crayon?

Red

Got to agree I'm afraid Dave, big thumbs down from me

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Southey,

Red

he's not allowed Crayons,....

he eats the blue ones...

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
This is not going well! My feelings are coming into this and unfortunately its the twelve year old mind set, mixed with a bit of gung ho ness that's creeping in lately. Never managed to get hold of a Genuiiiiiiiiine imitation SURVIVAL knife growing up, now I'm kind of feeling that I'd like to try a grown up version that, to me, looks as though it could actually be of use, not for SURVIVAL as we have discussed that Here but would actually like to take out and see if it can live up to it's own blurb? The knives I've used on SURVIVAL( read liked thread as to i have to type SURVIVAL like that) are a hunter sak(old style) and MOD SURVIVAL knife an Elwell golok and a pack of razor blades, not all together and not all alone either, except the razors for a couple of days. but i think i would really like to try a designed for purpose type knife, just to play with? does any of that make sense?

See what I ment about needing a support group!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Right , when I say say 'Jump' I mean as in you've climbed to the top of the building and stepped out on the ledge , you can either take option A) The Stairs or option B) Quicker , but more painful.

:)

< It doesn't look usable , and seriously Fugly>

How much ?! :yikes:

No, get someone to make it for you at that price !!

It is a good bit more expensive over there than here.

Southey,

Red

Ugly? Oh h#ll yeah. But actually the saw works better than you may think especially in softer woods and bamboo. My only complaint was that it worked on the pull stroke only, but then it was a compromise of a working saw that wouldn't damage the hand when used as a draw knife. As for the point, or the rest of the knife for that matter, it was never designed to be "tactical" at all. It was his interpretation of a knife designed soley as a survival tool in in the bush in a one knife scenario. The tip was not designed to stab with it was designed to dig, gouge, and trough with and live through it. The only thoughts of penetrating flesh were in processing game. Skinning with it is interesting but other than that I had no problems using it. Personally I do prefer a more pointy knife. Not so much as an offensive tool but to bore small holes for a water filter or what have you. And it is definitely tough. I had the blade in an arc driving it through a large knotty cedar log and it went right back to true. TOPS does an awesome heat treat on that 5160 steel and the edge retention was great. No, it wouldn't be my personal first choice for a knife in the bush as I prefer a team of tools, however given the choice between the Hellion and this $275.00 custom Bushcraft knife with a 4" / 10cm x 1/8" / 3mm blade laying here on my desk for a long term, one knife scenario I'd easily choose the Hellion

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE