Mykle Hawke+T.O.P.S Hellion survival knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Who'd be crazy to pay over £200 for a tool?

Not me..but some people have lots of cash, if you have spair cash to spend though mate get the knife you want! You know you'll love it and it's a collector piece ;)

The thought of taking out such a pricey bit of kit and accidently breaking it though...

Not me..but some people have lots of cash, if you have spair cash to spend though mate get the knife you want! You know you'll love it and it's a collector piece ;)

The thought of taking out such a pricey bit of kit and accidently breaking it though...

I really don't see anyone breaking a TOPS 1095 or 5160 knife through normal abuse. I have put several of them through some reeeally rough paces over the last couple years. they laugh and ask for more. That's how i became such a TOPS fan. You might be surprised at what all I did with the last one I tested before the DART but since I just sent that material to my editor in hopes of getting it published i can't really talk about it yet. But I will hang onto the knife and bring it up for discussion later. It only has a 6" blade of 3/16 1095 steel and I was extremely pleased and impressed with how it held up, and i was harder on it than I have ever been in an internet review.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I really don't see anyone breaking a TOPS 1095 or 5160 knife through normal abuse. I have put several of them through some reeeally rough paces over the last couple years. they laugh and ask for more. That's how i became such a TOPS fan. You might be surprised at what all I did with the last one I tested before the DART but since I just sent that material to my editor in hopes of getting it published i can't really talk about it yet. But I will hang onto the knife and bring it up for discussion later. It only has a 6" blade of 3/16 1095 steel and I was extremely pleased and impressed with how it held up, and i was harder on it than I have ever been in an internet review.

If it's tough enough to take the abuse and you really like it then get it, I'd love to see it put through its paces!

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
I have recently rediscovered the versatility of a large 'do-it-all' knife, I used to use the old Schrade X1TB, that had a saw back too similar to the Hellion, I could never really get used to it so now I have just taken delivery of a Schrade SCHF9 (one of Mistwalkers???) from Hennie, it's not on their website but they ordered it in just for me, bless 'em.

It is a considerable investment of funds for me but was still about a third of the price of the Hellion

just my tuppence worth

HTH

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I hear that if you buy one of these ninja fighter, tacticool, stealth coated knives that you get a certificate and badge inductiing you into the Yankee Speckeled Farces. H.A.L.O. Superman and Batbelt optional at extra cost.

Truly a knife only a Bear could love and love and love again. If yer gonna git one, git the rest of the outfit too.....

ninja.jpg

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I hear that if you buy one of these ninja fighter, tacticool, stealth coated knives that you get a certificate and badge inductiing you into the Yankee Speckeled Farces. H.A.L.O. Superman and Batbelt optional at extra cost.

Truly a knife only a Bear could love and love and love again. If yer gonna git one, git the rest of the outfit too.....

ninja.jpg

That is an awsome load out list dude!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE