My first leather tankard

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I know they have been done before on here but, after making leather whiskey tumblers and shot glasses for some time, I've been meaning to get into leather tankards and finally got around to it this last week.

I have to say that I'm very pleased with how it's turned out and can't wait to try it out this evening.

It's made from 3.5mm veg tan shoulder, hand stitched with linen thread, the handle is wet formed and finally it's dipped in molten beeswax to harden and proof it.

I love how you can still see the marks on the animal's skin showing on the final item.

I've left this one un-carved, as I didn't want to decorate a prototype, but the geometry of this one seems good so I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Thanks for looking

IMG_2240_zps2fc79a08.jpg

IMG_2241_zpsf0e888bb.jpg

IMG_2242_zpscc8b5386.jpg

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Thanks for the kind comments, folks. As Mr "Dead Head" :) said the other day, when you're busy with commissions and other sales most of the time, it's nice to be able to make something for yourself.

Geoff

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Nice work:)

As you'll know I've made a few of these in my time, my favourite is made from heavily grained shoulder it looks like tree bark.

I'm sure you'll agree that its nice to sit and drink your ale from one of your creations.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE