My Daughter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
As posted on the "I wish it was Autumn" thread, my little girl Lauren who's 9 is very ill in hospital. Here's the latest update:

Lauren has only just had the drip fitted, 3 HOURS after they decided it was necessary. She also has tachycardia, that is her heartrate is racing, at 140bpm when asleep. Not good :(

So Natty and Lauren will be there at least another night. Lauren was also hallucinating during the night when her temp spiked. We're both worried but at least the doctor who has seen her today is taking things seriously. He's ordered more tests (the bloods were never done yesterday :mad ) as he thinks it's gastro enteritis but possibly with complications as she has all the symptoms of that and then some.

I'll keep you informed...

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
A sick child is always a real worry,my sympathy mate. :(

Once they find out what the problem is and start to correct it she'll bounce back quickly. :)

Keep us posted.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I hope everything goes well for her. At least they are taking it seriously now.

Please god it will pass soon and she will be back to her normal self.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Again, please think of us, our thoughts are with you.

The NHS staff all seem to be overworked and blase about most stuff, but when we had problems with my daughter, it kicked up a gear and they were brilliant, I'm sure now things will speed along, she'll be smiling at you again soon.

Resilient little things children, she'll be wanting sweets on Sunday.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hope she gets well soon mate, being a father as well I can appreciate your concerns for your little one.

Brian

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Mate, sorry to hear about all that, I hope that she gets better soon. Things like this always pull life into perspective. Take care of yourself as well, it's easy to neglect yourself when you're worried about others.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i hope she makes a full recovery, i know how you feel my sister was in hospital a little while ago, she was also on a drip
hope she gets better soon
leon

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Those drips look scary, I certanly would be upset if I saw one on my child. But I can say from having had one that they are not at all painful, or even uncomfortable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE