Mushroom glycogen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
It’s a well known fact the Inuit were rarely in ketosis ,because they got enough carbs indirectly in from glycogen in raw meat .Iv done raw meat experiments before and it absolutely gives u a LOT off energy more than potatoes and bread .Plants store energy as starch and animals and fungi in the form off glycogen ,so I’m going to try raw mushrooms to see iff I get any energy or iff it atleast combats fatigue.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It’s a well known fact the Inuit were rarely in ketosis ,because they got enough carbs indirectly in from glycogen in raw meat .Iv done raw meat experiments before and it absolutely gives u a LOT off energy more than potatoes and bread .Plants store energy as starch and animals and fungi in the form off glycogen ,so I’m going to try raw mushrooms to see iff I get any energy or iff it atleast combats fatigue.

How are you going to judge your energy levels ? Just asking so you don't psychologically bias the outcome of your experiment.

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
2 day fast prior

So two days of fasting will potentially put you in a new state of 'potential' Ketosis where your body will start turning fat already in your body into Ketones producing energy for your brain and muscles - you will probably be feeling like Poop as Keto Flu is a typical symptom.

So , and if I'm preaching to you already knowing this I apologise , but even if you are successfully in Keto how will you then know there are Carbs in Mushrooms??

The only objective way I think you could get a potential truthful reading would be to take some Keto Pee sticks and start urinating on them to see if Carbs are detected ( This knocking you out of Keto ) or if no meaningful amount of carbs present and usable it would show that you are still in a state of Keto.

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
"Glycogen" is a generic term for the arrangement of polymerized monosaccharides into insoluble bunches. (1->4 and 1->6, might be some 1->5 and 1-> 3 bonds too). There's "glycogen" in corn starch but it isn't the same chemistry as that from wheat or muscle.

That's in part why most all deep fry batter mixes are mostly corn flour and it doesn't "wet" like wheat starch does = stays crispy for much longer.

Are the the aldose or ketose monosaccharides in mushrooms digestible by humans? Probably something about that in Lehninger's BIOCHEMISTRY text.

Reactions: Toddy

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
So two days of fasting will potentially put you in a new state of 'potential' Ketosis where your body will start turning fat already in your body into Ketones producing energy for your brain and muscles - you will probably be feeling like Poop as Keto Flu is a typical symptom.

So , and if I'm preaching to you already knowing this I apologise , but even if you are successfully in Keto how will you then know there are Carbs in Mushrooms??

The only objective way I think you could get a potential truthful reading would be to take some Keto Pee sticks and start urinating on them to see if Carbs are detected ( This knocking you out of Keto ) or if no meaningful amount of carbs present and usable it would show that you are still in a state of Keto.
Blood sugar meter

Reactions: TeeDee

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

Iv done keto many times once for 6 months now I eat a balance off foods for keto flu electrolytes are good I use be a keto advocate but no longer I know sit on both sides off dietary fence meat/ carbs ect .

Reactions: TeeDee

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
"Glycogen" is a generic term for the arrangement of polymerized monosaccharides into insoluble bunches. (1->4 and 1->6, might be some 1->5 and 1-> 3 bonds too). There's "glycogen" in corn starch but it isn't the same chemistry as that from wheat or muscle.

That's in part why most all deep fry batter mixes are mostly corn flour and it doesn't "wet" like wheat starch does = stays crispy for much longer.

Are the the aldose or ketose monosaccharides in mushrooms digestible by humans? Probably something about that in Lehninger's BIOCHEMISTRY text.
Iff it’s sweet there’s usable sugars

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was pretty sure that since mushrooms are much encouraged for diabetics that they were low in sugar.
For 70g of fresh (as in water rich) mushrooms, there is 1g of sugar.
If compared to something like an apple, which is 10% sugar, I think you're really going to struggle to get enough sugar from mushrooms to make a difference to a diet.

M

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
I was pretty sure that since mushrooms are much encouraged for diabetics that they were low in sugar.
For 70g of fresh (as in water rich) mushrooms, there is 1g of sugar.
If compared to something like an apple, which is 10% sugar, I think you're really going to struggle to get enough sugar from mushrooms to make a difference to a diet.

M
I’m not on about sugar in traditional sense it won’t be on packet labels I’m on about non degraded glycogen wich gives u tonnes off energy the best sources are raw red meat n maybe mushrooms hence the post

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Starch. Same as glycogen just different 1->6 branch point and different glucose polymer 1->4 chain lengths. I'll eat red meats for the essential amino acids that humans cannot synthesize. The heme for the iron. For animal glycogen, I recommend the glycogen storage organ, the liver.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Starch. Same as glycogen just different 1->6 branch point and different glucose polymer 1->4 chain lengths. I'll eat red meats for the essential amino acids that humans cannot synthesize. The heme for the iron. For animal glycogen, I recommend the glycogen storage organ, the liver.
Iv done all animal parts raw but u get plenty energy off raw steak aswell but liver is god tier stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE