Multi fuel stove on eBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got Aspen for £13, my one an only supplier of panal wipe want £17 which is taking the pee; some mates up in Yorkshire though get PW for £9

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I paid £11.64 for my panel wipe about a week ago from the local gargae. But here's a link for it at a reasonablish price. £10.95 plus postage Its the same brand that I got and it burns fine.
I can't say, as I don't still have the original can. (but see below)

Yes, it's petroleum naptha.

'rik_uk3' reckons Aspen 4T is currently cheaper than panel wipe. I recently paid £14 for 5 litres of Aspen, and £11 for panel wipe about 3 years ago. Make sure you get Aspen 4T rather than the 2 stroke 2T!

Jim

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Can I just confirm, does panel wipe work the same as Coleman White Fuel? I am currently paying £6.50 per litre for the Coleman stuff.

Are there any drawbacks with Panel Wipe?

Regards

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Can I just confirm, does panel wipe work the same as Coleman White Fuel? I am currently paying £6.50 per litre for the Coleman stuff.

Both panel wipe and Colman White Fuel are petroleum naptha.

(I thought Coleman was around £6.50 for 1/2 a litre!)

Are there any drawbacks with Panel Wipe?

Not that I know of. Panel wipe is used to clean panels before spraying, and needs to be very clean and leave no residue. It's probably more pure than Colman.

Jim

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Jim's right I think, Coleman is around £6 for 500mls, unless you know a nice American working on a USAF base in the UK and its £5 a gallon can:)

I still like paraffin/kerosene in stoves and lamps to be honest but its getting harder to source. You can use central heating oil no problem, and some BBQ light fuel is paraffin / kerosene, certainly the fuel in Wilkinson's and B&M stores works fine at about £1.45 a litre. As a matter of habit I now pick up a bottle whenever I'm in town and add to my 'stash', paraffin lasts many years without degrading. Car fuel has a short shelf life, but purer Naphtha like the Coleman or Aspen 4T will last years too, some American stovies I talk to use Coleman that is several decades old without problem. I can get by on 500mls of paraffin for a weekend cooking no problem, much much cheaper than gas.

There is something about the older stoves that I love, they have more class and soul than the newer ones,,,,,,,,,,, bloody hell I'm getting old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92YgbhEGJQ

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Gents,

Just got one of these stoves today, conviently the same day the panel wipe arrived. Now I've never had one of this type of stoves before, (though I've got the startings of a collection of meths stoves), the £100 odd price tag of the alternatives put me off.

I've got it going fine with no leaks, basic usage is intuitive, and it strikes me as an absolute bargain to be honest. But in the absence of any destructions (mandarin to me is just an effeminate orange) has anyone got any top tips for usage and maintenance? Any gotchas? The best way to start it an retain a full set of eyebrows? Is it OK to leave the pump in the fuel when in storage? How do you know how much to pump it (fnarr)?

TIA, and thanks for the heads up.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Dragging this up again to mention my recent bargain.....
MSR Whisperlite from the bay of E, for a princely sum of less than £40, in fact including postage it was less than £40. I had to supply my own fuel bottle, but I'm well pleased with the deal.
I'll be trying out some different fuels over the next few weeks as and when I can lay my hands on them.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Sorry to drag this one up from the past but I received my stove from Hong Kong today. Filled with panel wipe and almost burned the house down. :( Luckily, I was doing this in the garage with the door wide open but still had me sweating for a minute. :D

It would appear that the fuel hose is split. I have contacted the seller but to be honest I'm not that confident that I'll get a replacement. Can anyone tell me where I could get a replacement hose from for this stove. How easy would it be to get a length of braided hose and put the old fittings onto it?

For those who are not sure which stove this is, it's this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Stov...&itu=US-BWR%2BUCI%2BUCC%2BIT%2BUA&otn=8&ps=33

Thanks in advance.

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE