Mors Kochanski - Bush Arts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I am always looking for extra skills / activities that I can pass on during teaching sessions and I wondered if Bush Arts by Mors Kochanski might have some useful bits and bobs.

Trouble is, there is only one review for the Kindle version on Amazon and that review is not very complimentary (to put it mildly!).

Before I invest £7.41 of my hard-earned cash, could anyone advise whether it is worth buying or whether it is, indeed, the pile of poo that the Amazon reviewer says it is?

Thanks

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I have a hard copy and there are some interesting ideas in it but it is not what most people would think of as a "Bushcraft" book.

It tells you how to make things rather than how to survive by drinking your own urine.

Lots of great ideas for working with kids in it though.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Thanks Wayland - sounds like it might be useful then. I'm looking for some crafty-ideas to give me some inspiration for some of the kids sessions between the out & out bushcraft lessons.

At the moment, we don't actually include drinking your own urine on our syllabus. Perhaps I should knock up a lesson plan for it- I would love to see the look on some of the little horrors faces! :D

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Sorry to do that to you Kev :lmao: Unfortunately the schools etc that we have on site expect us to have lesson plans, not to mention policies for everything and risk assessments too! Sucks, I know, but that is the. way of the modern world and it is hard to escape. The good news is that once they have gone home, we can do what we like with no bureaucrats watching our every move.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE