"Bush Craft - Outdoor Skills and Wilderness Survival" By Mors Kochanski

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well the postman has just delivered "Bush Craft - Outdoo Skills and Wilderness Survival" By Mors Kochanski.

I ordered it from the States a week or so ago and it has just arrived - had a quick flick through and it looks fantastic :D

Have to go to the chemist which is a 9 mile round trip and as I have nothing planned for the day I was going to walk through the fields to get there. Seriously tempted to drive and spend the rest of the morning reading :D

But it's a sunny day and the evenings have drawn in so it's on with the Lowas and I'm gonna save the reading for later with a glass of wine.

Just gotta sort out my knife, water bottle, map, compass, etc, etc, etc - I reall do have too much kit to carry :lmao:

Phil.

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Good stuff indeed. I'm tempted to take the course that Kochanski runs every summer before he calls it quits; He lives minutes from my aunt and about 3 hours from where I live now.

Voivode said:
Good stuff indeed. I'm tempted to take the course that Kochanski runs every summer before he calls it quits; He lives minutes from my aunt and about 3 hours from where I live now.

I've just started reading it -wonderful stuff, clearly written and illustrated. Can't wait for dinner to cook and start reading again :D

As for going his course just book it now. There are just some thing in life that should not be missed out on and this is one of them ;)

What you waitin' for go book it :)

Phil.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
its a great book and the clear line drawing accompany it well, hope you enjoy reading it
leon

SunDog

Forager
Oct 14, 2005
South Coast
Phil did you know that Tony arranged for Mors Kochanski to come over to the BushMoot in Wales this past summer? There are some pictures of him in the "BCUK Bushmoots" gallery. I think you're right about his book, and the man himself really was something else. He had so much knowledge and experience, and put it across in a really engaging way. Just as importantly he seemed totally lacking in ego, a really special guy indeed!
Enjoy the book!
Tom

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i have had it for about a month - i think its cool that you can sleep in -50 degress C with a long log fire, i got it from the libary

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Sorry: I found it, ordering now.

Bush Arts (Paperback)
by Mors L. Kochanski

$85.00
New
Paperback: 62 pages
Publisher: Lone Pine Pub (June 1989)
Language: English
ISBN: 0919433499
Comments: New 8.5 x 11" Gift quality. This brief book, profusely illustrated with photos and drawings, demonstrates a variety of no-longer common folk crafts. The finished products are striking in appearance, but they are readily made with few or almost no tools. They do not require expert skills. Once you have made these items, the techniques you have used may easily give rise to countless more elaborate projects of your own design.

SunDog said:
Phil did you know that Tony arranged for Mors Kochanski to come over to the BushMoot in Wales this past summer? There are some pictures of him in the "BCUK Bushmoots" gallery. I think you're right about his book, and the man himself really was something else. He had so much knowledge and experience, and put it across in a really engaging way. Just as importantly he seemed totally lacking in ego, a really special guy indeed!
Enjoy the book!
Tom

Hi Tom,

I only found BCUK in mid October sadly :(

I would have loved to have met Mors - I'll check the gallery and see what I can find.

Thanks for the message :You_Rock_

Phil.

weaver said:
Bush Arts (Paperback)
by Mors L. Kochanski

$85.00
New
Comments: New 8.5 x 11" Gift quality. This brief book, profusely illustrated with photos and drawings, demonstrates a variety of no-longer common folk crafts. The finished products are striking in appearance, but they are readily made with few or almost no tools. They do not require expert skills. Once you have made these items, the techniques you have used may easily give rise to countless more elaborate projects of your own design.

Hi Weaver,

Have a look at this to Amazon HERE

This is the book that I have. Should be approx £10 inc. delivery. Hope this helps.

Phil.

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
weaver said:
Sorry: I found it, ordering now.

Bush Arts (Paperback)
by Mors L. Kochanski

$85.00
New
Weaver.
I think you may be looking at the wrong book.

This is the one.
Bushcraft: Outdoor skills and wilderness survival
Mors Kochanski
300 pages
ISBN 1-55105-122-2
my copy has Price $12.95 printed on it.

Another earlier title for the same book is Northern Bushcraft

I think the Bush Arts book is about arts and crafts, making things, not how to light fires and build shelters.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Thanks Jon,

I got the right one, had to find it on amazon.uk and get the ISBN then it popped up on amazon.com. I don't know why it wouldn't answer the search on .com (USA) by the author.

Anyway I got the right one ordered and look forward to reading it. :D

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
The "official" website for Mors Kochanski is here. The've got all the videos and books and pamhlets currently available, as well as his course schedule. You might have to ask about shipping over the pond though. They're not really set up as a retail site, more for information.

"Bush Arts" is the arts and crafts book he did a number of years ago, and is out of print. Thus the highway robbery price. :)

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
weaver said:
Thanks Jon,

I got the right one, had to find it on amazon.uk and get the ISBN then it popped up on amazon.com. I don't know why it wouldn't answer the search on .com (USA) by the author.

Anyway I got the right one ordered and look forward to reading it. :D
Fantastic book, enjoy the read :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE