More snowy pics - Derwent Res

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Took swmbo out for some fresh air today as she was house bound with snow days this week. Just a quick three hour loop with a brew/sarnie stop and a snowball fight halfway round.

Nothing different but I thought I'd share :)

Ninja swmbo
DSC01500.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

This season I shall be mostly wearing green
DSC01511.jpg

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Aye, that looks chilly.

I think it's the photos of the pair of you that do it.
"Stand there an look really, really cold." :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know, Britain is beautiful :D but all this snow has made even the familiar appear magical :cool:

Thanks for sharing :D Great photos........wonder how many of us are planning next year's Christmas cards :)

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I see from some of your pics that you have that abomination known as "clear cutting" same as we do. Sorry to see that.

I'm not sure if there's much forestry work still going on round there thesedays, hopefully some of the local members will know.
I agree it's not good on the eye but as far as I understand it most of them were planted after the war and were always going to be cut down after fifty or so years.
There are moves to grow native species over here again now though so hopefully they'll get replced with some broadleaf varieties eventually.

There's signs of clear cutting when I drive up to Scotland in the Borders region, some of it on a huge scale.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Good pics there Rich, Not sure if i walked around derwent years ago. Does the dam head there have two towers wich were used in practice for the dam busters raid ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice pics Rich. Whats the roads like up that way?

Not too bad on the way there but coming back the wind had picked up and blown a good foot of snow across the road in some places. I saw one BMW estate with a woman in it and by the looks of it she'd got stuck going through. Then the wind had hit her side on and caused a drift almost up to the roof.
Snake Pass was closed past the resevoirs but there were still plenty of folk going up for a play, mostly chelsea tractors and chavmobiles.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not too bad on the way there but coming back the wind had picked up and blown a good foot of snow across the road in some places. I saw one BMW estate with a woman in it and by the looks of it she'd got stuck going through. Then the wind had hit her side on and caused a drift almost up to the roof.
Snake Pass was closed past the resevoirs but there were still plenty of folk going up for a play, mostly chelsea tractors and chavmobiles.

I keep meaning to get up but wasn't sure weather i'd make it or not.

Cheers fella.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE