More restrictions??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."
Abraham Lincoln

Unfortunately, this will be yet another bad law, which will be enforced badly.

It might never be enacted. If it is enacted, then the only chance of getting it overturned may well the the European court.

Keith.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I agree that banning knives is ridiculous. I don't have the statistics but I would imagine that most knife related crimes are committed by people who are high on drugs or alcohol or are in a clinically disturbed state of mind. Perhaps the authorities should be looking more at the person than their weapon.

It seems obvious that if we have a large section of our population who are ill-disciplined and not in full control of themselves that they are going to cause us trouble, whether it's with knives or guns or whatever else they can get their hands on.

I'm sure they couldn't care less whether their weapon is legal EDC or not. In fact its very illegality could gain them street cred. Imagine how tough a youth might look to his peers if he's known to be carrying an illegal knife.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread all banning does is make criminals out of normally law-abiding citizens who like to carry a knife for peaceful purposes. I would imagine that every household in the world, even in the poorest country, has some kind of knife. It's a basic human tool that we can't do without. While laws governing the use of recreational drugs are being relaxed they are tightening on our most ancient and useful tool :rolleyes: .

BTW This is my first "real" post to the group. I didn't mean to start out on something controversial but I couldn't help myself :) .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I do agree.
Had a good day today though. Three of us worked with a group of thirty adults and kind of indoctrinated them into the, "Knives are tools. Axes are tools. Fires & tools are good things." school of thought.
These people will be the staff who will work with us on the primitive/traditional skills summer schools programs. 180 children in total, each for four days over the summer :) and every one of them will see and handle knives, etc., properly. The adults had a great time (so did we) & I think we'll point some of them towards bushcraft too :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Toddy said:
I do agree.
Had a good day today though. Three of us worked with a group of thirty adults and kind of indoctrinated them into the, "Knives are tools. Axes are tools. Fires & tools are good things." school of thought.
These people will be the staff who will work with us on the primitive/traditional skills summer schools programs. 180 children in total, each for four days over the summer :) and every one of them will see and handle knives, etc., properly. The adults had a great time (so did we) & I think we'll point some of them towards bushcraft too :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Sounds wonderful. Well done.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Something like 70% of the population want the death penalty brought back. Strange how that piece of public opinion never got the law changed.

The government have to be seen to do something over rising crime figures and what better than another pointless law. The problem is people already breaking the law, not that they can get these items but the way in which they want to use them, so banning them only effects law abiding people anyway. Look at gun crime, did a ban have an effect? Yes, law abiding people stopped owning guns, strangely people breaking the law anyway it did not effect, if anything it made them better armed.

I stand by my original point, where is the ban on mobiles? They are causing a crime wave but yet no ban. I actually want the name of the chef who said kitchen knives do not need points, to see how he does fish, or maybe the problem is his fish comes labelled McD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE