Moot 2020 Is it or is it not

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Please don't shoot the messenger........
I was hoping it would not be me but some one has to ask the question.. IS it happening.
I understand very much that things are all over the place so my real question is... Do I buy tickets and where do we stand regarding refunds.
I am so very very sorry to have to bring it up but it needs asking.

Reactions: paulds

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Please don't shoot the messenger........
I was hoping it would not be me but some one has to ask the question.. IS it happening.
I understand very much that things are all over the place so my real question is... Do I buy tickets and where do we stand regarding refunds.
I am so very very sorry to have to bring it up but it needs asking.

Must admit, I've been wondering that myself. I guess Tony doesn't know any more than we do right now Paddy.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I don't think there is a definite answer at the moment. Everything is up in the air and even if this thing is virtually over by August unless there has been an effective vaccine available there will be a residue of the virus in the population as a whole and anyone could bring it on site and infect others.
I know we are all keen to meet and have a great time but I for one have accepted this summer is closed. Even the government think this may go on for more than a year if a vaccine is not found. I think it will be . Question is how soon can it be rolled out en mass.
There is always next year. Meanwhile we have photos and memories and last year's videos. !

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
I think you're right. Social distancing will continue for some time. I think they'll loosen restrictions on a per area basis as the vaccine is applied so I'd call Bushmoot a write-off for this year

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sadly I agree. I've been saving hard and sorting gear so I could have a stall but I won't be going to the moot or wilderness if it's not sorted by then and I'm vaccinated.
I'm in the at risk group and it could... nay almost definatly would be fatal for me if I got it.
The other thing is how would we cope if anyone fell sick on site? A lot to consider.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
That's all we can do, and no use fretting over it. It's not like it will never happen again in the future I'm sure.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No BushMoot? :slap:

The way I'm handling it is that it's happening until it's not happening.

People can buy their tickets or wait, up to them, the money isn't getting spent so it's there to refund if need be. I have to point out though that Paypal have changed the rules and they're no longer refunding the fees they charge, so if there's a refund made it will be less the few pounds they take and don't refund.

It might not happen this year, if it doesn't and an Autumn Moot is feasible then we'll do that and roll on next Summer Moot. There can be no reassurances that it's going to happen or not so we play it by ear. There really is no room for rumours or what if's etc.

To reiterate - I will make it known to the world if it's not going to happen, until then I'm planning for it to go ahead. If the government says we can't do it then everyone that's paid or does pay will be refunded, but, it will be slightly less due to PayPal keeping 2.9%+20p.

Hope that helps, if you've got any specific questions feel free to email me at info@bushcraftuk.com

Thanks all :grouphug:
T

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
It is worth the pay pal tax to keep the dream alive. Roll on pension day and I will have qty 2 tickets. Thank you Tony, thank you.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
We where hoping for this approach Tony. Thank you for reassurance that it will happen if possible. You are as always a monument of reason and calm :)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Good thinking there Tony ☺

I think a few show organisers and my own courses are doing the same thing. At least i hope so! Thus far only one event that i'm booked for has cancelled (and that's not until july). If they all panic and cancel, i'll lose 80% of my income this year, if i dont run any courses that'll be another 15%.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
cheers. Luckily I'm used to having no money and I'm very good at budgeting what there is. As long as things start to get back to normal before the autumn I'm sure I'll be OK. I'm just glad I don't have any kids or other dependants to worry about!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE