Moot 2020 Is it or is it not

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
There are so many people all trying to register for it at the same time, that the system keeps crashing. I got UC for a while some years back and it wasn't worth the effort for the little i got; then the hassel/farce/'owed repayments' when i stopped it mafe the whole affair more of a nightmare than the prospect of just not buying stuuf beyond subsistance!

Maybe if the goverment sorts something out that will actually benefit the self employed i may look again

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks Paddy, the system says that it's processing payment, I think it's a bit slow sometimes coming from the bank through paypal to us, could take a week or two.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
FYI, was paid via bank giro. Far as I am concerned its got 4 month to clear !!!!
If we can not have the site then no one can. The fresh taps water will still work, I can dig a Long Drop, I can hide in the woods for 2 weeks ....

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Fully intending to go if it's on. I am unlikely to make next year due to wanting to do another Finland and potentially popping off to Japan.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've got the time booked so I'll be there for sure if it's on, just not bought a ticket yet because finances got thrown when I landed up in hospital.

Reactions: Wayland

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Forestknights will be supporting the Bushmoot this summer as usual. Unless Boris tells us we cant.

My income is totally derived from the Bushcraft courses we run. So my income has gone to zero. Business expenses are almost the same.
its a very stressful time for a lot of us small businesses. I’m not eligible for Universal Credit. My wife has returned to front line NHS from retirement to help out with critical care.
No access to the grants and may not be entitled to all other support according to HMRC. Although the chap I spoke was not certain as he had been drafted in to cover staff sickness.

So I’d urge folk that are looking to go to the moot and Do other activities this summer please support your local small businesses. otherwise they may not survive

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just touching bases on the Moot.

We've still got little idea if it's going to be able to go ahead or not but given that we have 3.5 months I'm hoping, along with many others that it's going to go ahead, I've been hesitant in promoting it for the last while due to the situation with the virus, the lockdown and the open ended nature of all that.

So, the plan at the moment is that we will be having the Moot rather than wait and see what's dictated us by circumstance, and jumping if we can do it, and moaning if we can't. It takes too long to pull the moot together to leave it to the last minute.

It's fair to say that even if the Moot goes ahead it might be a bit different this year, people circumstances could be vastly different to normal, so the format of the Moot might be a bit different, some might not be available to come or some might be more available than before, we might have distancing rules still in place (but be allowed to have the event, who knows) and things like that, we will create a schedule/programme around whatever we need to. I think though that the important thing is that if it's possible we all have a safe place that we can get together, get out in the open and enjoy ourselves.

The situation with taking money and refunds is still the same, if it's paypal it will incur the PayPal fees and if we refund it will be minus their fees but the full amount we receive, if it's a bank payment we can refund in full. Any money paid is safe. It's worth noting as well that if we get an official go ahead any tickets bought will not qualify for refund, we can refund if the event if cancelled because of issues beyond our control.

So, it's full steam ahead and we'll see where we end up, I might contact some of you to see if you're up for doing stuff or even if you're planning on coming, whatever helps me plan and organise things.

Thanks all
Tony

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sounds pretty fair Tony, as you said it's a lot easier to cancel than rush around sorting everything at last minute.

I'm still down to attend and you can put my name down for a workshop or two as well :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE