Moot 2020 Is it or is it not

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mantanna

Dec 23, 2013
London
Lisa and I have booked the time for it this year, we are planning on comming. Hesitating buying the tickets just yet.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Lisa and I have booked the time for it this year, we are planning on comming. Hesitating buying the tickets just yet.

I've bought my ticket as Tony has promised a refund if it doesn't go ahead. Ok I'll loose a fiver due to Paypal fees but I can live with that

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
It will happen.... it is foretold by the Bearded One... He who drinks tea and sleeps floating above that which is walked on. It is willed by he who is wide of tummy and thick of skull, the drinker of much tea. For it is said that many must gather in the place of trees and sand for they will be needed mainly to return the aforementioned old git to his pit. It will happen....

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Going by what I have seen reported today (10th) Moot could be at least Tony and Shelly with Kim and I... LOL

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's gives us an inkling of the direction we're heading, although Wales isn't close to that yet, things are moving forward a fair bit quicker in England. Tomorrow we get the revised guidelines on Wales so we'll see how that pans out...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's about 9 weeks since Paddy asked if the Moot was going to happen or not and all that time we've all been crossing our fingers, alas, I think that time has run out :bluethinking:

Sorry to say this but we have to cancel this year's Summer BushMoot.

Due to the lockdown/social distancing issues that are likely to still be in place in 8 weeks and the need for everyone to have some clarity we are not able to hold the BushMoot in South Wales.

Listening to the announcement from the First Minister in Wales earlier it's obvious that even though the lockdown is easing, it's going to be a slow drawn-out process and it's highly unlikely that an event like the BushMoot will be able to take place when it's scheduled.

This is the first time in 16 years that we've not held a Summer BushMoot and it's a sad time for us and many of you that look forward to getting together with old friends and having fun doing workshops, learning new skills, relaxing and getting some great family time.

This is not the end though, we will return next year for the big Summer Moot and if the circumstances allow we may have an Autumn Moot and we'll definitely be pushing hard for the Winter Moot (aka Festival of Outdoor Cookery!!) to continue in February.

We will be contacting everyone that has paid for tickets this year to offer refunds or transfer tickets to next years event. If there are any issues in regards to tickets please get in contact via info@bushcraftuk.com

:aargh::tapeshut::sulk:

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's really sad news Tony but totally understandable that you've not got any choice in the matter and had to make the decision now rather than hang on and hope.

Just have to look forward to next years Moot now.

Reactions: DelMears and paulds

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bigger and better next year then Tony.
SP-Tophat-Smiley.gif

I know you must be gutted as most of us are but we live in extraordinary times.

Reactions: DelMears and paulds

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE