Modded my bivi bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Very neat job! I can't help but feel that adding a zip compromises to a small extent their waterproofness (is that a word?!) If the bivi is always used with a tarp (as most of us seem to do), then I suppose all is good and I may be tempted to have a crack at this on one of mine....

Has anyone experienced a similar modded bivi in the open in rain and can report no problems?

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
That is a great idea!

Could you put zips on a Snugpak bivvi?

Hammock + Bivvi = Perfection :hammock:

I probably could mate but to be honest I am pretty new to the whole sewing thing and would hate to make a mess of someone else's gear by mistake. Plus it would probably be cheaper for you to have it done locally by a professional. Once you had paid postage costs it would be ridiculous.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
I've got an MOD issue (1985) arctic bivy bag(well it says cover but samey same) with a full length zip that isnt waterproof, doesn't have a windproofing flap/cover for the zip either so guess its just for use in snow holes/tents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE