Miserable day again.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sunshine and blue skies here :D Still cold, but not icily so.

I'm hoping it lasts, but the forecast is for snow…….

M

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Earlier I put the kids on the school bus, it was windy but not raining so i'm in shorts, crocks and a t-shirt, in 10 minutes we had a rain shower and 3 small hail showers and the temp dropped even further, the clouds are whizzing across the sky, the trees are bending...

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Mornin'

The lovely spring like weather today in my area continues. Eight large hailstorms in the last 2hrs. and a white blanket for many miles around. Sky greyer than a grey thing. Temperature hovering at zero. Apart from that, its all lovely including a very, very small slight orangey glow in the sky trying to break through. How is it with you?

Tom.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Beautiful. Blue sky, warm sunshine and hardly a breeze. I can see the inshore Fishermen in their open boats working close under the cliffs on a flat calm sea lifting their pots. There's rain forecast but it will come much later as at the moment the sky is clear far away to the South-West.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
The last week or so here we have had a mixture of snow, light fluffy through to blizzards, hailstones and bright sunshine. As I type the snow is laying and it looks like we could be in for some more.
This time of the year is known for the 'lambing storms' so not uncommon, sometimes it's as late as mid May.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
They say the its the island weather thats defined the britons as a people more than any other factor.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Curate's egg here, but a stone cold one.

So far we've had beautiful sunshine, wind and clouds, and hail.
At least the days have stretched out :D

It's lovely sitting indoors in the sunshine, but it's baltic icy cold out there with the wind.

M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Was lovely and bright, if windy and cold until about a hour ago so I finally got the Hebredean Rye and bristle/black/small oats in. Not huge patches , 120 drilled in rye, 180 oats but with quite a few with two seeds in as there where many of them that looked a bit weedy. Towards the end I was having trouble feeling my fingertips planting the individual oat seeds.

Then in in the last half hour it's gone black, a flurry of snow then 5 minutes hail. Just when the lads are coming home from school..

Now there's thunder. Can hear the pipes banging so the heatings come on. Started a big pan of stew going when I got back in, took a pint of the liquor out with a sieve sunk in and a ladle and had it as soup for dinner with the left over bread cob from the lads packing up. Herself will bring some crusty bread home and we will have big steaming bowls of stew with that. Trying to avoid dumplings as 3 is never enough and with my girth ones too many!

i got a tray and a half of white carrots done, under the plastic propagator lid things. 10 to 21 days for germination so hopefully the weather will be better by then. Need to dig out the plots and sieve the very stony soil, mix in some compost.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Woke up to 2 inches of snow all over, 2 hours later it's completely off the roads and melting fast everywhere else.

I just hope the bere barley etc hasn't had time to germinate as I'd hate to think what the colds done to those delicate tiny sprouts...

atb

Tom

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tuesday on my way to Peterfield.

image_zpsuhvcdz9a.jpeg

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Insane weather. Last week it was below zero at night, hail and snow during the day. Bright sunshine and 22degrees all weekend. BBQ and sunbathing.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Outside all day on the two day Bluebell event at Enys Gardens, Penryn, Cornwall. Our Have-a-Go-Archery was lucky to have mainly fine weather. Bit of rain Saturday morning and high winds on Sunday that eased off as people began to twang.

Our dog getting ready to help by entertaining children queuing to shoot
13124812_823993007731497_5991194958000137389_n.jpg

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Tipping it down here for most of yesterday, awoke this morning to even heavier rain; been out for a blow around with the dog and the ground in the woods is almost as wet again as it was in November.

The dog and her towels, plus me soaked, getting in and out of the van saturated for all these months have got it reeking badly and it just doesn't seem to dry up for long enough for me to do anything about it.

I'm just heartily sick of wet kit, muddy boots and soaked towels all over both house and van, I've never known rain of this intensity for this length of time.

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
what a shame - you'll get your turn though :)
afraid it's gorgeous here again today on the Scottish east coast - hot sun, blue skies, occasional wispy clouds - MORE garden watering required... :evilangel:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE