Mini Meet Brockwell wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Sounds good mate save me a spot, will see about getting up on the Friday night if its too late, setting up in the dark shouldnt be too bad hopefully, especially if we got fire light

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Will be in a bivi bag under a poncho tarp so wont be a big area needed. Will have to pick up some basha poles this week though

I'll be bringing some bits for people to make char cloth if they would like to.

Is anyone coming up from the Leeds area who wouldnt mind popping into clas ohlson and picking me up a couple of Mora Viking Knifes. If they get 3 I will obviously pay and they can have the third one for their trouble. Just if anyone is passing close to it?

Ill also bring a few bits out of rat packs (just a boat load of tea, coffee, whitener and a few fruit doo da's and some pate) free to anyone who wants them.

Can bring a Bergan in great con. if anyone is looking for one for a swap?

Last edited:

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
will sort an area next to me mate....no probs dude......im bringing the bow drill set and some fresh (un used) wood to have a go with its seasoned sycamore.....also got a big hunk of flint and the napping kit for people to try, got loads of tinder for the bow drill im also bringing my teaching kit, its got loads of different tinders and fire lighting methods, potassium permanganate and anti freez, that sort of stuff.........

we will have a go at tanning some bunny skins, and ive got permision to build a natural shelter which will be for us to try to mate..........

bring it on, i cant wait......he he he he he he he he ....

im also bringing some stuff to swop or give away.........

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Chambers, sorry forgot to say would not bother with the poles as there is ment to be tones of dead wood to use......it costs less....lol....

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

I've never been to a meet before but would love to come and see what the craic is. Would it be cool to just come along for the Saturday to get a taster?

Cheers

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ye sure go for it merrygold85 first proper meet for me to with plans and teaching involved......but you can have a go at the bow drill charcloth and flint that sort of thing....bring your self a water bottle and flask knife if you have 1 warm kit waterproofs (it could be wet....lol...).

we are just having a mess around and teaching what we know.........i have loads to teach which im sure i will mess up and make me look a right t*t....lol......

come alog mate just up the road from you to by the look of it.....

regards...

chris......................................................

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Saturday's looking iffy for me now Chris, if anyone's hanging around on the Sunday I might take a drive up

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
dont think i will be going untill after dinner and i may have to take my shelter appart too...... so ye i will be around mate.........

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Cool,

I look forward to you making a t*t of yourself, should take the pressure off me, ha.

Cheers

Mark

PS - Can you not say/type t*t on the forum?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey Mark, the site is mainly big people but smaller people do use it so best to it child friendly and that way all are happy........big people and small because not all big people like words like that.........

i know im bad its just my way....lol.....

regards...

chris.............................................................................

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
you can have some for nout, and i wll try and get a spare basher set up for you before its dark to mate..........................................

Aug 24, 2010
newcastle
went to brockwell woods with the dog today
you lot should have a good weekend .loads of dead standing wood
seen a red kite and a few pheasants
quite muddy in places but looking good
have a good one . will try and get to the next one

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hi guys...I have to work till 8pm Friday so I plan to get up early Saturday.

I'm keen to have a play with fire lighting.

See you there.

John

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
We should be up there mid morning on sat. Anyone know what the weather forecast is yet?

i hear its going to be fun,..with a southerly front of fun heading towards Brockwell,...

and prevailing fun on sunday morning,..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE