Mini Meet Brockwell wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hope you guys have a good time, bit ****** off i'm going to miss it as I'm on call that weekend.
One of the sites I support is Gatehead, so if I get called out to it, after I have fixed whatever is broken there I might nip over and say hi.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
just a thought but has any1 got a foot pump spare, if they have we could have a go at a ground forge and batter some metal (if the owners dont mind...lol...).....

Thanks gents........

chris........................................................

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Absolutely gutted I'm going to have to miss this one. just got a new winter bag and a novo too, but work commitments that I've just had revealed stop me.
sorry guys. hopefully get another in before Xmas

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
well tbh im not sure but if you follow the wood smoke and look for the bloke in my Avatar thingey you wont go far wrong...........im planing on camping near the brook/stream if its not to wet on the ground............

this is my lasy night on the thread so any questions ask now......

have spoken to the owner to let her know there will be aprox 9 people turning up on the Sat morning from around 10:00.......

Chris....................................

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Chris (lannyman8)has just texted me a picture of his site,..

he's got the fire going and a brew on

and what looks like a healthy pile of wood ready to keep him warm,...

i,m envious guys !

i,m town bound all weekend and wanted to make this one,..

hunker down out of this wind and enjoy the weekend fellas,..

Cheers,,,,

Stu

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Come then upload the pic so I can be jealous too.

bit small, but it came off my phone via mms so,...............

DSC_00049.png

rancid badger

Well I popped across to Brockwell Woods this afternoon, just to see what was happening, and spent a very pleasant hour or so, chatting with a few of the 'happy campers'.

I took a few photo's and some video which I'll sort out a little later but I have to say, what a really nice handful of folk you were.:)

It's nice to meet up with "kindred spirits" in an informal way, rather than as "the instructor", which has been my 'normal' role for the last 10 years or more. Much better!.

I've not been in this woodland for 30 years at least, despite living only 2 miles away, for the last 23 years!!:dunno:

I only got to check out a tiny portion of it but have to say; it's perfect for practising skills, teaching sessions or just chilling out.

I've spoken with "Ike" the owner, about the possibility of developing some training sessions, so we'll see.:)

Apologies for not wishing everyone there, farewell, but I had to get back here for 15;30 and couldn't hang around:eek:

kind regards and best wishes, and who knows; hopefully we'll meet again?

Steve

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Well i set off on sat ( after spending the morning throwing up) i thought things can only get better. Then for some strange reason i went for the A1 instead of felling bypass, and spent about 40 mins not moving stuck in traffic. And then the landy cut out and refused to start again. After a quick call to Mt350 who was already he came to my rescue. After about 45 mins we got it going so i decided to head home to see what the prob was. Adam came with me and helped. ( what a star he had already paid for the camping but left to aid me. Unfortunatly it took us the rest of the day to sort it. (eleccy gremling fault) So i (we sorry adam) missed the meet.
I had packed 2 rucksacks of gear for people to look at try- trade or buy or give away. (that was 2 days trawling the loft gone to waste lol) oh and a leg of venison and a bag of pigeon breasts i also had in the lump. ( i mean landy) Glad you guys had a good one and sorry i missed it.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hey all....... i think i can say for all that we had a realy good weekend, it was well worth the treck and money.... its an awesome site and well worth a trip......got some pics which i will post 2moz, they are not great and dont have that meany due to my camera battery dieing early on......

i will post what i have 2moz and im sure the others will add to them (i hope)..........

regards to........

chris...............................................................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE