Mini Meet Brockwell wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Mike, you may get a lift from York way if you can make it there, just ask on the thread or p/m people for a lift.......

i can give you a lift on friday morning but it will be from Thirsk???????

dont know if that helps????

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
who's taking what food to the meet?????

im going to take some herbs, bannok mix, rabbits and brew kit so far. not sure what else as yet but im NOT taking boil in the bag due to the location and size of the wood..... there should be some natural foods availiable.....

just what im doing what are all the others doing????????

regards.

chris...........................

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hi Mike, have a look at the link at the front of the thread and it will give all the site details, i think its 7 milles though.........

Spoony, i will give you some cash for that kit as i know how much it cost's.....

cant wait for the meet, just made a new axe head ready for it (well re shaped it.....lol). going to get the forge going next week and make a new blade or 2 if i can........i will try and bring some flint and things for people to play with, need to see what ive got........bringing the bow drill, flint and steel, char cloth and tinder for people to try to.......

regards.

chris.................................

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
who's taking what food to the meet?????

im going to take some herbs, bannok mix, rabbits and brew kit so far. not sure what else as yet but im NOT taking boil in the bag due to the location and size of the wood..... there should be some natural foods availiable.....

just what im doing what are all the others doing????????

regards.

chris...........................

I'll bring some rabbits and pigeon and whatever else the dog chases out in the morning, providing i can shoot straight :) anyone want me to bring a rabbit or somethin feathered for them to pluck or skin etc themselves?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up Joely, bring what you can mate, im sure it wont get waisted, and im going to tan the bunny skins in the wood so you could join in the fun.....lol......or mess lmfao.........

will bring some plonk to as i just bottled 20 up last night, might bring some home made cider but its not bottled yet and may not be ready by then.... the blueberry gin is a defo and its awesome........it dont even taste like gin any more, more like a blueberry shnaps type stuff......hhhmmmmmmmm, some of that on the bannok for breakfast (if it lasts that long)........

there are about 10 who are supposed to be going. im going the friday after i have sorted some stuff first thing then im away about 10:00hrs....... should be there for about 12 ish no probs........

awesome, i cant wait been ages since ive been out over night..........he he he he he he he he

chris........................................

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
I wont be able to get out shooting before I get up so a rabbit would be handy if you can bring one

Ill see what I can dig out but dont really have anything special like animals or home made plonk, may be a trip to sainsbury's :-D

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Chambers, there is no need to buy stuff on top of what you normaly would use mate.......people are just bringing a little of what they normaly get for free or cheap....

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
No worries Chambers, i'll try and get out shooting again maybe a couple of nights next week to make sure there is enough to go around!
I would like to see how you tan the skins to chris, always seems a waste when i throw em away!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
never tried it before, last time i was with Chambers we where supposed to try it but time ran away from up, what with our cold fire and soaked (and i do mean soaked) wood we had for burning......it was not the best site........

it seams easy to do realy, i think the hardest bit is to soften the hide......lots of rubbing and pulling with hands and sticks, but hey we can try together........

will bring some home made wine and got some blueberry gin which is awesome.......try and get some bunnies from my mate too........

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
lol soaked isnt the word mate, it was like trying to light a fire with water

Ill be getting up on the saturday morning ideally. Either that or could get up on the friday night but wouldnt be untill about 10:30 I think
Whats other doing?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
im going down friday lunch ish and setting up.....if you need a spot sorting Chambers just let me know, you can go next to me so you will have a fire when you get there....(if its not soaked...lol.....).

Northhumbrian, plonk from the shop is just not the same, but its good to know a shop is close by..........(just in case we run out of plonk....lol......).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE