Mini container. 10 min project.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I first saw this on Grant Thompson's channel on you tube (the king of random) and thought it was a great idea to upcycle some plastic bottle tops that would other wise be discarded.

862101b0d284fe61b46ff47c993053d8.jpg

71a6f16fed11a39916c8ae231ed7aff7.jpg

Basically it's two bottle tops cut down and epoxied together to make a small water tight container for matches, tinder etc. The one in the picture is separated by a piece of plastic to make two compartments (also Grant Thompson's idea) perfect for potassium permanganate and glycerin.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I first saw these last year, one of the Suffolk group was useing them good for all sorts of things.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have been making these for ages, but I have never heard of Grant Thompson.
I have salt and pepper in one, curry powder,cumin,spices,ibruprofen,baking powder in others. I made one from the larger bottle tops that holds an oxo in each end.
I find that the side of a 2 litre bottle is best for the flat bit in the middle. It becomes a bit addictive for a while - collecting as many different colours as you can.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE