Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'd like to be pencilled in as a maybe, depends how cold it is, as you know Oli is still young and I'd rather not give him a bad experience and put him off camping.
We now have under blankets so I guess the nights would be warm enough just a bit worried about being out all day in potentially freezing weather, although with the good old British weather it could be T-shirts and lollies all round!
Me and adam were at the midlewood meet and it was below 0 deg at night. it was warmer in the day as you'd expect. I don't think kids feel the cold anyway and when the pig is roasting it will be toasty warm.
I'll pm you about the meet and kids.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I'd like to be pencilled in as a maybe, depends how cold it is, as you know Oli is still young and I'd rather not give him a bad experience and put him off camping.
We now have under blankets so I guess the nights would be warm enough just a bit worried about being out all day in potentially freezing weather, although with the good old British weather it could be T-shirts and lollies all round!

T-shirts and lollies I'll take it Dave has his winter bushcraft gear sorted then, I'll bet that guy could give RM a run for his money:D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Right.... Bodge has put a very odd request to me.... We were talking about his oatcakes on another forum and he said 'on the subject of dooking (his word), would I fancy knocking up another chilli'

The question is folks.... should I agree to his rather odd request? Or should I find out what this subject of dooking is before I agree, after all it does sound rather odd to me. Must be some arcane northen ritual or other ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Right.... Bodge has put a very odd request to me.... We were talking about his oatcakes on another forum and he said 'on the subject of dooking (his word), would I fancy knocking up another chilli'

The question is folks.... should I agree to his rather odd request? Or should I find out what this subject of dooking is before I agree, after all it does sound rather odd to me. Must be some arcane northen ritual or other ;)

I think he may have hit the 'd' instead of the 'c'. Cooking would make sense in the context you mention - he could have mistakenly hit worse letters :yikes: .

EDIT:
(his word)
Erm ... Having now read the thread, he copied your word :lmao: .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I think he may have hit the 'd' instead of the 'c'. Cooking would make sense in the context you mention - he could have mistakenly hit worse letters :yikes: .

LOL.... I know Bodge did a typo Dec... but the word 'dooking' just sounded so wierd I had to have a bit of fun with him.... and yes it's a good job he didn't hit the key to the right of D on the keyboard cos then he would have got me really worried about the knocking up a chilli :eek:

But in response to Bodges heartfelt plea (he even offered to provide the meat) for me to make a chilli at the meet, how many would be interested? Bearing in mind the weather might be cold, wet and miserable and a bowl of nice hot chilli could warm you up nicely ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
EDIT: Erm ... Having now read the thread, he copied your word :lmao: .

I didn't edit quickly enough :eek: .

LOL.... I know Bodge did a typo Dec...

My bad :eek: . Tiredness is addling the grey cells :confused: .

But in response to Bodges heartfelt plea (he even offered to provide the meat) for me to make a chilli at the meet, how many would be interested? Bearing in mind the weather might be cold, wet and miserable and a bowl of nice hot chilli could warm you up nicely ;)

Ooh, Me please!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Erm ... Having now read the thread, he copied your word :lmao: .

:lmao: :lmao: So he did.... well spotted that man. My mistake :eek:

Ooh, Me please!

Looks like a third list will have to be done :D

Attending the meet:
A lil yella fella (aka woodstock) - hammock
Addo
Andy2112 + Snarf tents/tarp
Bernie Garland
Bodge + kids + hammock and orange tent thing
decorum - Somewhere under the 'Eden Project'
Firecrest - rubbish tent. probably not phil.
Humpback - Hammock
Mesquite - ground dwelling + son
PeterH + Chris - Hammock
PJMcBear - Tundra
Rigger_john - Tent (maybe a tarp)
Scrumpy + Scrumpy jnr - Possibles
spamel - mini mega tarp!
T1tch - hammock
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland
xylaria + tribe - possibles - tent with tarps

Yes, I'd like to have spit roast pig - price dependant on numbers!:

A lil yella fella
Addo
Andy2112
Bernie Garland
Bodge
decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite + son
PJMcBear
Rigger_John
Snarf (Andy2112's mate)
Spamel
T1tch
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein
Wayland

Yes I'd like to have some chilli
Bodge
Decorum
Mesquite

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

What he means is this to dook is to put apples into a tub of water and try to extract them using only your teeth the form used to extract info from prisoners was to place apples in red hot chilli and get them to extract them in the same manner we had a 100% success rate using this method

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
You've done it again.......Head Book and Cottlewasher

Starting to sound like an episode od Allo Allo :)

Im up for chilli

Looks like a third list will have to be done

Attending the meet:
Addo
Bernie Garland
Humpback - Hammock
PeterH + Chris - Hammock
PJMcBear - Tundra
spamel - mini mega tarp!
T1tch - hammock
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland

A lil yella fella
Addo
Andy2112
Bernie Garland
Bodge
decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite + son
PJMcBear
Rigger_John
Snarf (Andy2112's mate)
Spamel
T1tch
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein
Wayland

Addo
Bodge
Decorum
Mesquite

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Attending the meet:
Addo
Bernie Garland
Humpback - Hammock
PeterH + Chris - Hammock
PJMcBear - Tundra
spamel - mini mega tarp!
T1tch - hammock
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland

A lil yella fella
Addo
Andy2112
Bernie Garland
Bodge
decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite + son
PJMcBear
Rigger_John
Snarf (Andy2112's mate)
Spamel
T1tch
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein
Wayland

Addo
Bodge
Decorum
Mesquite
Wallenstein

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I do think we need a bit of a shift system on the spit roast this time though guys.

At Middlewood, Bernie and I were very limited on what we could do because we were almost permanently working on the roast.

That was perhaps our own fault for not delegating enough, but some volunteers to take over for an hour or so would be most welcome.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
No dookin` Chili for me thanks Mesquite. Im sure they are fantastic as chillis go, but my tollerance of spicy food is about chicken Korma level.
On the Scoville scale how spicy is the chili?

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

You can rest assured Lindsey it won't be a mouth searing, ear blazing inferno chilli. I have to cater for all tastes with it so I reckon you'll be ok having a bowl full. :)

I do think we need a bit of a shift system on the spit roast this time though guys.

At Middlewood, Bernie and I were very limited on what we could do because we were almost permanently working on the roast.

That was perhaps our own fault for not delegating enough, but some volunteers to take over for an hour or so would be most welcome.

I was thinking the same Gary, especially after you were stuck with doing the stew at the May meet. I'm more than happy to put a spell in as well. I believe Bernie is working on a motorised spit so that might make it a bit easier to manage though.

Also, can you bring a cauldron and suspension chain as I'm doing a chilli for Bodge. He might even let some of the others have a sniff or 2 ;)

Talking of the chilli, do we want to have it at the same time as the spit roast?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE