Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Bernie Garland has been served with a life ban from BcUK, apparently without posting anything!

If you wish to communicate with him you can find him over on ...

http://www.bushcraftliving.com/

I for one will be joining him and deleting BcUk from "My favourites". How can a forum treat someone has raised hundreds of pounds for them, so badly?

I fully expect this post to be deleted and myself to recieve a ban also, so be it!

Simon

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Bernie Garland has been served with a life ban from BcUK, apparently without posting anything!

If you wish to communicate with him you can find him over on ...

http://www.bushcraftliving.com/

I for one will be joining him and deleting BcUk from "My favourites". How can a forum treat someone has raised hundreds of pounds for them, so badly?

I fully expect this post to be deleted and myself to recieve a ban also, so be it!

Simon

I think the ban should be lifted and an apology issued, as you say he has raised loads of money for this site. Such a pity for him and here really in my opinion.:sadwavey:

I'll quote an old saying, don't bite the hand that feeds you !!

xylaria

Me and kids might come on saturday & sunday.

I want to do a kit test for the dark ages meet, so might look a bit wierder than useal.

The petrol station naerby to me has loads charcoal on sale, but it looks like we will coming by train so i don't think i can carry it. I can PM someone if they want to location.

IF we come we will be in a tent with tarps.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Does this mean no pig for the midlands meet later on ? Was thinking of going to this meet as well, not sure now :( :confused: :werd:

Bernie's still coming :D .

I'd like to be pencilled in as a maybe ...

That's absolutely fine. I'll leave you both off the pig list - I dare say that there'll still be enough to go around if you do come and choose to partake :D

Attending the meet:

A lil yella fella (aka woodstock) - hammock
Addo
Andy2112 + Snarf tents/tarp
Bernie Garland
Bodge + kids + hammock and orange tent thing
decorum - Somewhere under the 'Eden Project'
Firecrest - rubbish tent. probably not phil.
Humpback - Hammock
Mesquite - ground dwelling + son
PeterH + Chris - Hammock
PJMcBear - Tundra
Rigger_john - Tent (maybe a tarp)
Scrumpy + Scrumpy jnr - Possibles
spamel - mini mega tarp!
T1tch - hammock
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland
xylaria + tribe - possibles - tent with tarps

Yes, I'd like to have spit roast pig - price dependant on numbers!:

A lil yella fella
Addo
Andy2112
Bernie Garland
Bodge
decorum
Firecrest
Mesquite + son
PJMcBear
Rigger_John
Snarf (Andy2112's mate)
Spamel
T1tch
Thunderbeard
Wallenstein
Wayland

I want to do a kit test for the dark ages meet, so might look a bit wierder than usual.

Not a problem at all - the Meets are a perfect place to trial stuff, ask questions and get feedback ;) and I may have some new bits and pieces that I'll be trialling too.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Just to let everyone know - the raffle proceeds will be going to the charity 'Help for Heroes' and I'm sure that all will agree that it is a worthy cause to help support. The tickets will, once again, be £1 (one GBP) and only those who are 18 years of age or older will be able to buy tickets (same rules as last time :D ).

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire

I want to do a kit test for the dark ages meet, so might look a bit wierder than useal.

The petrol station naerby to me has loads charcoal on sale, but it looks like we will coming by train so i don't think i can carry it. I can PM someone if they want to location.

IF we come we will be in a tent with tarps.

I'll be trying out my wool tunic as well, so I'll be looking a bit daft in the evening too :D

Was going to make some trousers as well, have you? what material, linen?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im glad to hear Bernies still coming. Ive booked the friday off work so Im all set for this one now.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE