Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
So ... anyone up for a winter Meet?

This is not the Outdoor Show Meet - there'll be another thread for that Meet (The Midlands OUTDOORS Show Meet thread is here).

I'll have more idea about available dates soon.
Mesquite has already asked me to manouvre around his Meet -

Following on from the success of the first Herts / North London meet and queries from people about when the next one will take place … for the first weekend of December from Friday 5th, to Sunday 7th.

- so it won't be the weekend 5 - 7 December.

Any takers?

EDIT: Forgot the relevant info, which is -

Location is Rough Close Campsite.

Price is £3.60 per person per night.

Family friendly - so your youngsters are welcome!

Can people please bring a bit of spare change rather than just notes - I have to use public transport to get to work during the week.

Each of the pocket campsites has a designated area for ground fires; to keep the site tidier and easier to use - outside of the designated areas contained fires can be used (raised half drums and trail stoves etc).
I believe that during drought that the site retains the privillege to ban ground/open/open (etc) fires for as long as they deem fit for the safety of both those on site and of the site itself - I really can't see this being a problem at the moment . The site, according to MAGIC, is a mix of Ancient and Semi-Natural and Ancient Replanted woodland – There is a SSSI which shares its borders with the S/E corner of the site - the MAGIC site is being worked on at the moment but I'll enable a link as soon as I can......

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd be up for it, 6th December is my birthday which would have been nice, but I should be good for most dates given enough time to work my charm on the wife! :D

Captain Chunder will not be along for the ride!

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I'd be up for it, 6th December is my birthday which would have been nice, but I should be good for most dates given enough time to work my charm on the wife! :D

Glad its not on your birthday then Spam,any more knive's and you'd have to bring Captain Chunder to carry them:D

Bernie

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm up for it Decorum.

Not got anything else planned apart from possibly the office christmas lunch on the 12th but to be honest I'd rather spend it in a wood with some good friends than with some of the people in my office. :D

Oh, and thanks for accomadating my meet :)

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire

Hows his head by the way? and has he cleaned your kit yet?

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Would love to attend, but..... will see how i fair in Nov at Middlemud before i commit to Dec (Brrrrrrrr).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It was definitely the cherries then....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes. :cussing: The resulting mix of rice, rook boobs, cherries and god alone knows what else, all stained a gaudy purpley, reddy, pinkish colour was something I really didn't want to have to see. :slap: He's a dirty little monkey! :buttkick: and deserves all he gets! :nutkick: including a bit of twak action :twak: I brought the kit home as he would only either leave it for a few weeks and it would rot or he'd destroy it in the process of cleaning it. :rolleyes:

One more time Mr Twak!

:twak:

I thank you!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE