Midlands outdoorshow Meet March 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 2
Bodge + Liv, Hannah and Adam
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling

just increased my lot:D

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
Argh, just noticed I'd slipped off the list somehow - added myself back on.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 2
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thursday? what do you mean thursday? I booked friday off work , i thought it was fri-sun, is it an extra day or thurs-sat?

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 2
Aragorn
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling

re inserted myself between andy and bodge :eek:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling

Adjusted who's coming with me.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
In the past few weeks a few names have been omitted ...

I should know better than to use a sentence like that :eek: .

... re inserted myself ...

:sad6: My fault :eek: . sparksfly was knocked off by someone else though :p .
I keep a separate tally of names so it doesn't really matter if people are missed in the copy and paste (providing I noticed your name go down on the list in the first place :rolleyes: ).

I have a new simpler design for a seat which I was hoping to use but it will have to wait:sigh:

I look forward to seeing it :D .

Meet list.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Bodge + 3
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
HERBz + 1
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I will be there early Saterday morning not for the show just to meet the critters ,

Meet list.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Bodge + 3
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
HERBz + 1
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling
Twodogs

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Does any one fancy a tree climbing session with ropes and harness? If ok with Dec. Ive got access to two sets of kit so that one can be climbing and one spare for rescue or help with instruction.
If memory serves theres an oak near the previous fire site on 11, failing that there should be a suitable one nearby.
Just a bit of fun, informal but safe. I should be there most of the weekend, but if not will be able to set up for one full day Sat or Sun.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Does any one fancy a tree climbing session with ropes and harness?

It's fine by me.
Out of curiosity are you considering doing it from the basics (how to get the rope up the tree, knots et.c) or from 'I've set it up, this is what you do now'?

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
It's fine by me.
Out of curiosity are you considering doing it from the basics (how to get the rope up the tree, knots et.c) or from 'I've set it up, this is what you do now'?

I'll do it from the basics, then people can haul themslves up the rope using the prusik loops.

I'll throw the rope into a high branch then climb to that, then explain how to get to the top of the tree using both ends of the rope to keep yourself permenantly attached to the tree with constant tension. When at the top then just absail down, the fun bit!

Thought it would be a bit like an "outdoors show" type event, as I probably wont be doing the show as proper skint and I need no tempting to buy stuff or start another blooming hobby!

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I'll do it from the basics, then people can haul themslves up the rope using the prusik loops.

I'll throw the rope into a high branch then climb to that, then explain how to get to the top of the tree using both ends of the rope to keep yourself permenantly attached to the tree with constant tension. When at the top then just absail down, the fun bit!

Thought it would be a bit like an "outdoors show" type event, as I probably wont be doing the show as proper skint and I need no tempting to buy stuff or start another blooming hobby!

I noticed Addo that you are using prussik knots to get up the tree, now don't get me wrong but there are alot of how shall i say it, portly gentlemen at the meet, myself included, so could'nt a load of use just pull the lads up the tree ?? :D :D

Joking aside mate, it sounds really interesting, i got a figure of 8 i can bring along if anybody wants to use it. Be interesting for me personally would be the knots.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I noticed Addo that you are using prussik knots to get up the tree, now don't get me wrong but there are alot of how shall i say it, portly gentlemen at the meet, myself included, so could'nt a load of use just pull the lads up the tree ?? :D :D

Joking aside mate, it sounds really interesting, i got a figure of 8 i can bring along if anybody wants to use it. Be interesting for me personally would be the knots.

Always helps to have some ballast on the other end :)

Knots wise Bowline, Double fishermans, Timber hitch, Prusik, ect can be shown if wanted with lowering techniques for sectioning large peices of timber.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Always helps to have some ballast on the other end :)

Knots wise Bowline, Double fishermans, Timber hitch, Prusik, ect can be shown if wanted with lowering techniques for sectioning large peices of timber.

Cheers mate, sounds like we are going to have a good time as usual. I have a book on knots but seeing them done by someone else and then doing them yourself makes more sense to me in learning them, and remembering them.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I'm going to try and get to the meet, need to get out for a couple of nights, I wont be going to the show I'm affraid, I'll bring my kit with meif you want?, I'll also bring my camera so we can get some pics in the tree if you want. Wouldn't mind seeing some lowering techniques addo sounds like it is going to be a good meet.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I'm going to try and get to the meet, need to get out for a couple of nights, I wont be going to the show I'm affraid, I'll bring my kit with meif you want?, I'll also bring my camera so we can get some pics in the tree if you want. Wouldn't mind seeing some lowering techniques addo sounds like it is going to be a good meet.

Be good to see you again Simon. Hope Jan is ok ?

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire

Sounds good Simon, See you there. I'll be a bit out of shape compared to a chap in his prime, so good to have another helping out.

Looks like I'm coming down Sat mid morning so if you see a good tree before, claim it! :)

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
She's good thanks Andy hows everyone your end?, hope all is well.
Dont know about being in my prime mate I'm getting on now you know lol, If I remember there is a good Oak near the shower block near the main car park, I'm sure there is some good ones on the site somewhere if not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE