Midlands meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi spamel - Scout training ends up in the blood :D , the form will be posted in this thread nearer the Meet dates for people to copy and print. Anyone wishing to use the form, either as it is or modified to suit, is most welcome to do so.

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
Friday night:
decorum,
skint

Saturday:
decorum,
skint

Saturday night:
decorum,
skint

Sunday:
decorum,

I can definitely come but hope we can get a few more than this!

Paul

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Friday night:
decorum,
skint
Michelle (possibly) (+3)

Saturday:
decorum,
skint
Michelle (+3)

Saturday night:
decorum,
skint
Michelle (+3)

Sunday:
decorum,
Michelle (+3)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Time for a bump again in case anyone's missed this thread and to remind those wishing to come that I'll be booking the pitch tomorrow evening.

skint, Michelle - anything which you'd particularly like to do at the Meet?

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
More bumping :)

I can't think of anything off hand at the moment, although learning tracking sounds like fun. I'm veggie so I doubt I'll be putting the training to good use in the foreseeable future it's a useful skill to have in any case.

So as for my part is it only skint and decorum that would like the photography training? as it seems that there is only three of us going (my family don't really count).

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The three (+3 :cool:) is quite a lot less than the amount who have expressed an interest in this thread but it's not that unusual. Busy lives and outside influences force us to make changes to our personal schedules. On the up-side of fewer numbers is the increased chance of grabbing a star spot to pitch your shelter :D - the booking form asks for approximate numbers so late comers should still be ok to join us; if it's a landslide number we'll have to have a bigger (or multi) pitch or it'd be :grouphug: time ;)

Sorry to disappoint you Michelle, although I'm reputed to be able to able to appear and disappear into thin air I've absolutely no knowledge of tracking skills.

We are ok to have controlled fires on the ground; as long as they're in an established fire spot. Having had a gander at our prospective pitch my first job on the Friday will be to make sure all the detritus is removed from the fire site - not the worst I've seen, but not acceptable in the area where people are most likely to kneel or sit down :yikes:

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
Friday night:
decorum,
skint (+1)
Michelle (possibly) (+3)

Saturday:
decorum,
skint (+1)
Michelle (+3)

Saturday night:
decorum,
skint (+1)
Michelle (+3)

Sunday:
decorum,
Michelle (+3)

In view of the low numbers and to increase them slightly I would like to bring my son so have added 1 to the numbers.

I have only done a very short tracking course at this years Moot but we both now own tracking sticks. I know the basics of how to use these and thats it. I can bring these and the book 'Animal Tracks & Signs' if you are interested.

I have also made my first Bow Drill Fire Set and have managed to produce a promising ember but did not go onto the next stage and get a fire going. That was because I had no natural tinder. Didn't want to 'cheat' and use cotton wool. I have produced fire before but that was again when supervised on a previous course. I may bring this but its not a case of me teaching anyone, more a case of will it work!? LOL Perhaps one of you has more experience?

We will be happy with just being out in the woods and the chance to practice our limited skills.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
No problem skint - play, learn and be happy :D
Bring stuff you want to practice with :D . If you'd like I can try and grub up some natural tinder prior to the Meet.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The booking form has been filled in and sent off. I don't forsee any problem(s), so now it's just a case of waiting for booking confirmation from the site.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Sounds like it's going to be fun :D Everyone my end is excited, I love these meets!

Skint -I've got a load of thistle fluff I can bring along as well.

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
Hey guys, i am still hoping to come to this, i am waiting for confirmation on a start time for some building work to start on my house, they say it should be the week before, so fingers crossed.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll have to check with the site as to where we could have a pit roast. Typical miss-timing as I was on the site when the pit roast question was asked yesterday. I'll be there again next weekend :D, so I'll grab the chance to ask the Q then.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Any thing you like can go in a pit roast, meat or veggies. I'm hoping to bring some baking spuds for me but I think the kids will do well with a joint of pork, lamb or beef. It depends on what's going cheap... oh and a few carrots and parsnips :) We do need some reasonably sized rocks from a dry area for retaining the heat, I was thinking we could do Hangi set up? If the site dosen't want pits dug then we will just have to spit roast the meat and then the do veggies in the embers. Or make stew ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE