Midlands Meet May 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'd like to come along early afternoon Saturday till Sunday if it's ok.

PREPER............ :)

Not a problem.

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9 - Old Hand
mclark
Mesquite - Old Hand
Nolightweight - Old Hand
shaggystu
Muddy Boots
Tank (hopefully)
Sasquatch
Jimbo75 (+1)
Snarf (+1)
WolfCrafter
PREPER

To all those who are unable to make it this time, there will be further Meets :cool: and we look forward to seeing you if you can make it up/down/across.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
not sure if I'll make this meet, I'm suddenly very busy tattooing people :)
unless u all want traditional sharp stick and soot tattoos ;)

it certainly wouldn't be the first time i'd tried, maybe you'd have better success than me, i just end up with scars, maybe i'm using the wrong kind of soot. now to work out the right place to start the thread..."which wood ash for primitive tattoos":lmao:

would it be ok if my mate tagged along to this meet? i don't think he's a member of the forums yet, but he was talking about joining so he could be already:confused: anyway, member or no, would i be ok to bring him along on friday/saturday (not sure when i'll be able to get there) for a night or two (don't know how long i'll be able to stay either!)

cheers

stuart (leaping around with excitement cos he's going camping at the weekend!)

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... would it be ok if my mate tagged along to this meet?

As long as I know it isn't a problem; it happens quite regularly :cool: . It would help if you make sure that he knows your screen name - 'I'm ..... , shaggystu's mate' makes him identifyable to the rest of us.

Bringing along a non member (friend or family) is covered in this threads OP.

... Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions at a Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for them and their actions whilst they are on site...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looking forward to this one, it's been too long :D

Indeed - definately time for a de-stress :cool:

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9 - Old Hand
mclark
Mesquite - Old Hand
Nolightweight - Old Hand
shaggystu (poss +1)
Muddy Boots
Tank (hopefully)
Sasquatch
Jimbo75 (+1)
Snarf (+1)
WolfCrafter
PREPER

Sales/Trades/Swaps.

decorum - sales - Some leather bits and pieces, also some misc bits and bobs.
NEW ADDITION - I'll also have a Stromeng (KS9 I believe) 9" carbon steel Lueku up for grabs - hard to get hold of in this country - it's a cracking knife, but I'm not using it - £30. It's the big bro to the one at the top of this page. It's used but in good condition and has a protective patina on the blade. Age 18+ only

Jimbo75 - sales - Beeswax candles, Bowsaw blades etc..

MartinK9 - sales -a few sets of new boots and DPM/Desert shirts and trousers

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I have the following to sell/trade if any one is interested. PM me and I will bring whatever you are interested in for a look see:
DPM Bergen with side pockets and yoke, OG bivvi bag, DPM chest rig (new type), Wyvern assault vest, artic sleeping bag (old type), Bergen covers, DPM map case, XXL clothing (smocks/gortex etc), crusader cup, folding shovel, bashas (DPM and OG), rucksacks (numerous).

PREPER............. :)

Here's the latest guys on the weather so far for Coventry.. Could change though.. It's England!!

Friday Day: Sunny with Showers / 17'C / 11mph E
Friday Night: Clear / 8'C / 5mph E
Sunrise 4:54am Sunset 9:15pm

Saturday Day: Heavy Rain / 17'C / 11mph N/E
Saturday Night: Light Rain / 11'C / 8mph N
Sunrise 4:53am Sunset 9:16pm

Sunday Day: Sunny / 18'C / 7mph N/E
Sunday Night: Cloudy / 15'C / 10mph NE
Sunrise 4:52am Sunset 9:17pm

Bit of a mix of weather.. Love it!!.. Star gazing Friday night with the whiskey.. Communial tarps for Saturday day.. Sun lotion for Sunday I think!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Looking forward to this one, it's been too long :D

I thought you were out practically every weekend Martin! You've definately got the bug. This time tomorrow you'll be at Sainsbury's for a meeting with Brad Pitt counting down the minutes no doubt!:pokenest:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
As long as I know it isn't a problem; it happens quite regularly :cool: . It would help if you make sure that he knows your screen name - 'I'm ..... , shaggystu's mate' makes him identifyable to the rest of us.

Bringing along a non member (friend or family) is covered in this threads OP.

thanks for that, i'm not sure if he's joined the forum yet so i'll add a plus1 to my name in the list.

Meet List:

decorum
MartinK9 - Old Hand
mclark
Mesquite - Old Hand
Nolightweight - Old Hand
shaggystu (+1)
Muddy Boots
Tank (hopefully)
Sasquatch
Jimbo75 (+1)
Snarf (+1)
WolfCrafter
PREPER

cheers

stuart

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I thought you were out practically every weekend Martin! You've definately got the bug. This time tomorrow you'll be at Sainsbury's for a meeting with Brad Pitt counting down the minutes no doubt!:pokenest:

I am trying to :D

and yes, a trip to Sainsbury's is on the cards, hope they have built the Cafe by now:yikes:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It was supposed to be opening in April and I'm aiming to be there about 10:00am as well but I'm not looking for Brad Pitt :D

Somehow Brad Pitt always manages to find you when you least expect it Steve! Hopefully the cafe is open by now...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This should be an interesting one ...

Not able to bring the machine to this one - so I'll be a bit tired* ... but I get to be a 'Swing Thing' for the w/e.

And I just given up the dreaded weed :evilangel:. So far, it's going fine - as long as you're not three foot tall and squeaky :yikes: .

* possibly a little grouchy :eek: .

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just got back could only stay a few hours .
Good to see the known and unknown faces , loads of laughs to be had as always
Nice one Phil for jacking it it up .
Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those who came along - it's good to be able to put faces and voices to posts. Nicely relaxed atmosphere again :cool: .

Thanks to the Old Hands / Unusual Suspects - :You_Rock_

...Nice one Phil for jacking it it up ...

Cheers Cliff :cool: . Thanks to all for their considerations over the past couple of days :grouphug: .

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks to all those who came along - it's good to be able to put faces and voices to posts. Nicely relaxed atmosphere again :cool: .

Thanks to the Old Hands / Unusual Suspects - :You_Rock_

Cheers Cliff :cool: . Thanks to all for their considerations over the past couple of days :grouphug: .

Sparked up yet? :lmao::aargh4:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE