Midlands Meet May 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks to Phil for yet another great meet, Steve for supplying the communal chute and all the usual suspects for their fine company. It was great to meet new faces and chill in the woods as always. I'll book a JCB so we can do the gypsy well at the next one! Cheers, Chad

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Phil for a superb meet.

As always a great pleasure to see the new, the old and the ugly faces :yikes:

And as a bonus the misses enjoyed it aswell!!!

Snarf

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
No events calendar (still :( ) - so I'll put this in here for the moment ...

As most of the regulars will know there tends to be a Meet every other month.
I'm aiming to book the next one for the w/e 16 - 18 July, there will then be one mid-ish September and that one will be followed by one held on the w/e of either 29th - 31st October or the 12th - 14th November 2010. The October and November weekends coincide with reenactment fairs - The International Living History Fair and The Original Reenactment Market respectively.

So, the forthcoming Meets should be ...

16 - 18 July

Mid September

and either

29th - 31st October* or the 12th - 14th November** 2010

* The International Living History Fair
** TORM - this is the more likely of the two.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
No events calendar (still :( ) - so I'll put this in here for the moment ...

As most of the regulars will know there tends to be a Meet every other month.
I'm aiming to book the next one for the w/e 16 - 18 July, there will then be one mid-ish September and that one will be followed by one held on the w/e of either 29th - 31st October or the 12th - 14th November 2010. The October and November weekends coincide with reenactment fairs - The International Living History Fair and The Original Reenactment Market respectively.

16 - 18 July

Mid September

and either

* The International Living History Fair
** TORM - this is the more likely of the two.

Cheers Phil, I shall go and book the dates with my social secretary :lmao:

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham

16 - 18 July

Mid September

and either

Grrreat, will get the diary out and have a paruse, i'm not lucky enough to have a social secratery. :rolleyes:

July looks iffy as its dads b/day but i should be able to come.

Snarf

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Took me a while to remember but ...

The lacing on the file pouch is Stairstep Applique of One Thong

The other lacing - used on the froe sheath - is Spanish Edge Lacing of Two Loops

Those who asked can probably see why I was unsure of the exact names :yikes: .

The book I use is Leather Braiding by Bruce Grant (Cornell Maritime Press) ISBN-13: 978-0-87033-039-1

The power of google-fu doesn't seem to throw up any useful info/pics/tutorials - so I might end up doing some myself :eek: .

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers Phil for the dates. Im particularly looking forward to the living history fair, as I didn't make it last time.

Snarfs Sniff

Jun 3, 2010
Birmingham
Woop Woop have to say hi as i can see some familiar folk on this thread, thanks all for such a lovely weekend you are a great bunch, here's to getting my boots dirty again very soon i hope xx
And ive only joined so that Lee doesnt have to put (+1) and look popular, time to worry is when lee's name is in the list and ive got plus one by my name lol

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Woop Woop have to say hi as i can see some familiar folk on this thread, thanks all for such a lovely weekend you are a great bunch, here's to getting my boots dirty again very soon i hope xx
And ive only joined so that Lee doesnt have to put (+1) and look popular, time to worry is when lee's name is in the list and ive got plus one by my name lol

Nice to meet you, shame Lee will have to behave himself now on here :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE