Midge Headnet Faff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Nano-see-um is just the lighter version of no-see-um, same hole size. As for being midge proof, I'll let you know after I've been to Scotland in a months time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Does permethrin really work? I've got clothes and kit that have been treated but it's hard to know sometimes how effective it is!

I dont really know Mikey TBH. I dont like using it though. Nasty stuff. Its an ingredient of Napalm I think.
Having said that, I couldnt tell you if deet was better than nordic summer or Avon skin so soft. I seem to have tries all sorts, and sometimes they get ya, other times they dont. :confused:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Mikeyp as far as im concerned permethrin works a treat,one of my usual haunts is a tick heaven, i used to have to pick them off me as i got down to were i was going,since using permethrin, ive seen them get on me as i brush past some bracken,then watched as theyve just dropped straight off (though i do worry when applying the stuff ''am i breathing this in'' its a nuero toxin i think)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Spot the midgie net...

midgienet.jpg

thats an interesting looking net, any pics on it being used?

I too am on the hunt for midge proofing, I have a load of voile (sp?) net curtain stuff that I think could work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE