Xylaria & Woodstocks Stupidly Simple Pine Tar Soap.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think for this test of midge repellents that you have to have a control patch, (maybe I'm just being an evil sod here) There will have to be a limb or your head repellent free so we know the others are working.:lmao:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
i was thinking more along the lines of applying to naked flesh like an arm and leaving exposed as i walk through a cloud and shoot video from my chest mounted camera at the same time in lots of different conditions, then compare footage all three edited into one video like they do on that show 24, midges normally like my flavour, this has been confirmed many times, they even try when i am cycling at night, forehead looks like a car number plate when i get home, can't apply protection as sweat just runs it into my eyes, luckily most of them drowned on the forebonce and back of the neck in that scenario

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well the Soap passes with flying colours according to my good lady who's home from very far away at the moment. We met up yesterday and in the evening after a shower she asked when I'd been near a fire. She loves the smell saying that it was very clean and manly and that it reminded her of the days when I was a strapping young forester and would come home smelling of the woods and cleansing smoke. She also noted how it has made my beard lovely and soft. So there you go chaps if you want to entice a beautiful redhead get some Pine Tar Soap.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Well the Soap passes with flying colours according to my good lady who's home from very far away at the moment. We met up yesterday and in the evening after a shower she asked when I'd been near a fire. She loves the smell saying that it was very clean and manly and that it reminded her of the days when I was a strapping young forester and would come home smelling of the woods and cleansing smoke. She also noted how it has made my beard lovely and soft. So there you go chaps if you want to entice a beautiful redhead get some Pine Tar Soap.

Got one thanks, the one who makes the soap aren't I the lucky one. glad your missus likes it has she given it a try?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Got one thanks, the one who makes the soap aren't I the lucky one. glad your missus likes it has she given it a try?

She has indeed, we smelled like a pair of wood elves this morning, all natural and clean:eek: She's pinched some of mine as she's heading up the West Coast into midge country today and want's to see how it fairs against them. Said she'd try to give it a go in salt water! Though I fear she'll chicken out as she'd used to the heat. The soaps been keeping my skin nice and soft despite the beating it's been getting from the sun and sea wind from our trip to Kinshaldy the other day. No dryness or wind burn. I'm thoroughly impressed and would like to thank you both again.

And yes red headed lassies are definitely the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE