Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
All this has already been said ...

Thanks to Simon, Bernie, Wayland and everyone else who chipped in to make this meet so memorable.

Got home in time for a soak in the bath before watching Lewis work his magic, then had a early night and slept for a good 12 hours, Hammocks don't seem to agree with me.

Thanks to everyone who told me their names on multiple occasions, well everyone looks the same dressed in green. New faces and old had a great time.

Hammocks dont agree with you? I had my first night in a hammock, and it was the bests nights sleep I had in years! I think a belly full of rum and pork helped but that was lovely. Infact that has ended my one and only camping woe - I sleep terribly in tents no matter what airbed, mat and sleeping bag arrangement! And they are heavy. Im going to get me hammock for the next meet methinks!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Here's Mentalnurse at the forge...

forge.jpg

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Big thanks to Simon for organising the weekend, Wayland and Bernie for their cooking skills, Maxine for the apple sauce, Bernie again for the go in the canoe, Wanderingstar for the underblanket, all in all a very good weekend and good to meet some new folk like Shewie and Stooboy, and some old friends aswell.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Verical smoke !!

verical-smoke.jpg

porker1.jpg

Red Bull gives you wings
redbull.jpg

Bernie the God Of Porkers
porker2.jpg

Happy days
smile.jpg

Sneakin' Hobbitses
sneakin.jpg

Ever wondered what a bushcraft catalogue would look like?
catalogue.jpg

madlurch.jpg

Gorgeous lake
lake1.jpg

That was used to good advantage
canoe.jpg

boz1.jpg

ian1.jpg

greg.jpg

hiawatha.jpg

pikey.jpg

Interplanetary Porker
pigspace.jpg

Bodge teaches his son "The secret of the Oatcake"
oatcakes.jpg

Good group of people
group2.jpg

Due to a charcoal shortage, some were dealing from the back of their cars!
dealers.jpg

And we all learned the "secret" bushcraft sign
getback.jpg

OK who stole the lake??
canoetents.jpg

Some were "fleet of foot"
mercury.jpg

Fly Pikey Fly !!
pikeywings.jpg

The musical statues game was a hoot
forgers.jpg

And Singeblister prepared to give Mentalnurse his "Bushcraft Brand"
forgers2.jpg

Oh yeah.... and finally my new toy :D

DSC01213.jpg

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Think i've just figure out why i can't get a good nights sleep in a hammock.:confused:

I woke up about ten times on Friday night and two dozen times on Saturday night.:(

The problem is if i sleep on my back i snore until i get a dig in the ribs or until i wake myself up, think the latter was the case at the meet.

Can't exactly sleep on my side in a hammock so i will just have to resign myself to ground dwelling if i want a good nights sleep.

(Just glad i wasn't pitched too close to anyone else and woke them up:) )

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Think i've just figure out why i can't get a good nights sleep in a hammock.:confused:

I woke up about ten times on Friday night and two dozen times on Saturday night.:(

The problem is if i sleep on my back i snore until i get a dig in the ribs or until i wake myself up, think the latter was the case at the meet.

Can't exactly sleep on my side in a hammock so i will just have to resign myself to ground dwelling if i want a good nights sleep.

If you stretch your hammock realy tight it IS possible to sleep on your side. I sleep on my side in my hammock mate.
Stu

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
My hammock was pretty taught, and i did try turning on my side at one point but it was all a bit too wobbly for me.

Are you sure you didn't hear me snoring? You were closest to me.

F

Flumpie

Thanks to you all, was great meeting all of you for the 1st time and am now convinced I am not the only crazy person who wants to be outside more than in during wintry weather

Chris it was such a shame never got to chat properly, and you missed the mulled cider... sorry.

big thank you's to everyone for making us so welcome

Jan x

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
My hammock was pretty taught, and i did try turning on my side at one point but it was all a bit too wobbly for me.

Are you sure you didn't hear me snoring? You were closest to me.

Honestly Tony, I didnt hear a thing except for the forest creatures walking around underneath my hammock. I was up 7 TIMES on the Friday night because of my weak bladder, but even then I didnt hear you mate. You just need to get more confidence with the hammock. Try stringing it up in the garden or some woodland to have a little afternoon nap.

Dont give up tony.
I manage to sleep on my side in my DD with no problem. I have used the ground for years before I got my hammock and thought I wouldn't settle in a hammock but I did after a few outings.
I must add though I did have a nasty experience at the windermere meet after a few sherberts with the whole woods spinning around as I flailed for stability.

on the whole though a great way to kip.

Practice with your tensioning though as I found that having it too tight meant the hammock really closed up whilst in it restricting movement whilst having a gentle curve gives more room and better stability imo.

Some crackin pics there thanks for posting em, if I do any more forging at a meet I will have to bring the gas my chest has been bad breathing in all that coke fumes ;) nothing to do with smoking honest,
Sorry to anyone who didnt get a chance to have a go it took us so long to light the wet coke we only got 3 blades done before the light went , that and I forgot to bring the tongs they were sat mocking me on the band saw when i got home :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE