Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
andyn
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Corr :)
Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
andyn
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have never been to a meet before, so i have a few questions:-
1. What happens / goes on at them?
2. Could i bring my lad (age7)?
3. As a newby would i be ok to attend?

Simon
(Lancashire)

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Of course you can Simon. Your boy too. All of us were newbies once, (some still are). You're bound to receive a warm welcome.

I couldn't believe how friendly my first meet was, but you've got to remember, we're all getting together to practice a shared interest. What better footing for delveloping friendship. Look forward to seeing you there.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks PJBear! I will definately be there with my boy. Quick question is there any archery on the site - i know Scouts used to be quite keen on it and a lot of sites have ranges?
Simon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Oh, yes please to archery! I have really been bitten by the bug after having a go on Guyceps' 60 lb draw bow last weekend. Apparently, it should be drawn with a thumb ring and the thumb, not too sure how strong a thumb you would need for that though! :eek:

Hope Guy doesn't mind me using this photo, showing his bow!

nitw3001.jpg

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I'm not aware of any being arranged - I don't do it myself. I guess it's a possibilty, but I don't know anyone that does it. I'm more into plants and food myself.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
There is plenty of space and we are the only group there so it would be great if anyone can bring archery gear and help to supervise a range.

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Great to hear there's a meet so close to where i live! Would love to come, but as i only got into bushcraft about 3 months ago i'm a bit unsure what i will need for a winter camp? Could anyone give me some tips??? Also, will this meet be more for experienced bushcrafters or will it be accessable for anyone?
Thanks, Nichola

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Meet ups are open to all and the people there will be of all shapes sizes and abilities.

There will be plenty of help on site and often some spare gear if needed.

For a winter camp the requirements are fairly similar to other times but there is more chance of getting wet or cold (Lets face it in Britain this could happen in summer too..:D )

I will be in a hammock under a tarp but a few people will be in tents for more protection from the weather.

Drop me a PM if you need more specific advice.

Nichola

Jul 17, 2007
Thanks for the advice. We've got a tarp, sleeping bags, bivvy bags and roll mats. Do you think this will be enough? I could probably borrow a tent off my mum if not?? Just to add to the list of numbers, my husband Paul (dibble on the forum) will also be coming (work permitting). Looking forward to meeting y'all!
Nichola

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Corr :)
Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
andyn
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse asked me to add him
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE