Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
There is plenty of space and we are the only group there so it would be great if anyone can bring archery gear and help to supervise a range.

I can bring a few 2D paper targets, but ideally we could do with a few hay bails, or LOTS of sheets of cardboard and a couple of support frames.

Don't have any training bows though im afraid, and not really comfortable lending my new bow out yet. :eek:

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I can bring a few 2D paper targets, but ideally we could do with a few hay bails, or LOTS of sheets of cardboard and a couple of support frames.

Don't have any training bows though im afraid, and not really comfortable lending my new bow out yet. :eek:

Hi Andy, I don't want anyone feeling pressurised into bringing/lending kit if they are not comfortable with it and to be honest at that time of year we would have to be lucky with the weather to be arranging proper events at any rate so no worries mate. So long as you can bring yourself is good enough :D

EdS

me to hopefully - but no promisses

Moschops
Gorilla + 1
Gailainne
thingswelike
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
andyn
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse asked me to add him
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)
Eds (hopefully)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Because I can't really afford the lavvu/stove option (or Ian's group buy underblanket for that hence making one) at present I'm in the process of making my own underblanket so it looks like I'll be tree swinging on this one and the family will retire to the homestead :D

I imagine there will be a few lavvu's there though. What setup are you intending to use?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'll hopefully have the underblanket, but if not, I'm on the deck again. I will not be bringing a child this time, I find they are far too much like hard work!

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I will be bringing my Bison Tundra with stove, but it depends how cold it is, anything like this morning then yeh, if its mild might try my hamock and new Nanok -10.

Simon.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I will be bringing my Bison Tundra with stove, but it depends how cold it is, anything like this morning then yeh, if its mild might try my hamock and new Nanok -10.

Simon.

And it was cold this morning wasn't it! I'm with Spamel - we may all pile in with you Simon :lmao: :joke: :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk

I will see what I can do, re bows and butts. But I am still a want to be there rather than a definite, I will be trying!

If the lavu is too full at night me and Spam could possibly hot bunk with others by the time we have finished putting the world to rights round the fire!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Scotmeet.jpg

The first new years meet in Scotland the temperatures dropped well below zero and back then I didn't even have the underblanket. I just wrapped a normal blanket around the whole hammock with me in it and was fine.

Tentipi.jpg

By the time this was taken I did have the underblanket and I was actually a bit too warm overnight as I was nicely sheltered under the trees.

I don't see what the problem is......:p

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Count me in dependant on dates near the time :D

I take it we can have off the ground fires ? wouldn't want to be anywhere without a fire ;)

John,

I had a word and yes, there are some 1/2 barrel fire altars we can use. Plus the standard brick hearth firepits about the place that are common on Scout sites.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
The first new years meet in Scotland the temperatures dropped well below zero and back then I didn't even have the underblanket. I just wrapped a normal blanket around the whole hammock with me in it and was fine.

I don't see what the problem is......:p

It must be the 'on face insulation' Gary :D

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Its looking good for me being there. Still cant make a deffo s.orry.
Not sure if i will be in the my group buy hammock or in my tipi without stove :( .(Bison telt tundra 4 and the budget wont allow for a stove yet)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE