Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I should know more in the next couple of weeks. Depending on what happens during this time will dictate whether i can confirm or not, saying that i am definatly interested and will do my best to be there. Even if i just pop down for the day.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Nice one John,

You know the kids are more than welcome. Mine will most likely be about even if they don't sleep over - which they more than likely will.

Edit: Everyone is welcome to bring the family. Please give an indication so I know what numbers we are talking about.

Thanks.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm very interested in another meet up, but it is so far away that I cannot confirm at the moment! Keep us posted with this please nearer the time!

:You_Rock_

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
spamel said:
I'm very interested in another meet up, but it is so far away that I cannot confirm at the moment! Keep us posted with this please nearer the time!

:You_Rock_

Will do Spam. I understand it's a bit of a trek but would be great to see you.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I think this far away in time you'll find a few unable to confirm I guess and most people will jump aboard in the last few weeks.

It's a good time for a meet though because it fills that gap between the late summer/ autumn meets and the Xmas / new year get togethers.

It should be a good one.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I absolutely agree chaps, it seems forever away and the list is more of a definite maybe. No-one is held to their word especially with the gig so far down the road. Like I say I want to book with some inkling that folk will turn up and I'm sure most who say aiye will and as you say Goose more will jump in nearer the time.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I absolutely agree chaps, it seems forever away and the list is more of a definite maybe. No-one is held to their word especially with the gig so far down the road. Like I say I want to book with some inkling that folk will turn up and I'm sure most who say aiye will and as you say Goose more will jump in nearer the time.

It's good to see that it seems right now the NW are the forerunners in arranging informal meets ;) :D

(Edit - not that no-one not based here isn't welcome of coarse!)

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
my take on it is that i have no plans that fare ahead but if thers a problem you never no hay i may die by then :D but other wise i will be there :DD

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I have booked it!

I couldn't book the 16th - 18th as there is some re-enactment happening and they use the whole site. The weekend after that is also taken although the weekend before is free but the scouts are having a bonfire and fireworks and I figured that a load of cheap fireworks going bang in the background isn't conducive to a chilled bushcrafting weekend plus I think some will be having bonfire do's of their own.

So, I ended up booking from Friday 30th November to Sunday 2nd December.

I'll see you there (if not at the summer moot first ;) )

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
Sounds great. I used to take my 3 to Bentley Copse scout camp in Shere, Surrey when they were kids. My son was about 12 at the time (ten years ago) and a member of the scouts, so we (as family of a scout) were allowed to use the site. Its probably one of the best sites I have ever stayed on. :)

May 24, 2007
Count me in. How the girlfiend will feel about camping in winter, I don't know. I only live ten miles away, so she may go home in the evening.

Mike Dunn (Deputy warden) is a great guy, especially if you share the beers with him.

[Edit]
They have one large fire pit, otherwise all fires have to be off the ground. They have a number of half oil-drums, and there are fire alters in a lot of the clearings. There are oil-drum stands available for the clearings that don't have alters.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE