Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
It looks like clan thingswelike wont be able to make it after all.
A combination of jet lag, no stove (fourdog let me down and I have no cash) and pressing work deadlines means that I'm feeling pretty stressed about being away from home for the weekend.
I'll be sure to make the next delamere/middlewood one and I hope to see some great photos next week.

Sorry all - I've been looking forward to it for ages :(

Have a good 'un.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
It looks like clan thingswelike wont be able to make it after all.
A combination of jet lag, no stove (fourdog let me down and I have no cash) and pressing work deadlines means that I'm feeling pretty stressed about being away from home for the weekend.
I'll be sure to make the next delamere/middlewood one and I hope to see some great photos next week.

Sorry all - I've been looking forward to it for ages :(

Have a good 'un.

:( Sad you will miss it Alex. See you next time though.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Nae worries Stephen, you'll be missed but there is always next time as you say. I am getting it in the neck from my folks as my brother is coming up from down south this Friday and I am shooting off on Saturday. The way I see it, he has a day and a half to catch up as I have had this planned for too long and his trip up hasn't been planned for more than a week! Of course, it is my mother giving the earache and saying that an extra ten minutes up the motorway is too far for them to come and visit! Oh well, not my loss! :D

Not sure what your commitments are but I expect they are probably a tad more serious than mine.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
It seems a lot of us are dropping out, and I'm afraid I have to add myself to the list, I have family commitments (some of you are aware of) I just cannot ignore atm. Matt sorry mate, next time.

Regards

Stephen

Not to worry Stephen it cannae be helped mate, just a pity you'll not be coming. Next time eh.

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
So ok from the last list I think this is now it please update as necessary

Corr
Moschops
Gorilla + 1
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir and family
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)
Eds (hopefully)
Neanderthal & Kalahari
Lodian
Copper_head
Mountain Man
Chris G and possibly tribe
Bikething
Lazysod
helly hansen
lottie.lou + 1
Bodge :)

Hope I didn’t miss any one

:Thinkingo

:red: :drive: :theyareon :lmao: :lmao: :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'll add myself onto the end if that's OK ...

Corr
Moschops
Gorilla + 1
SOAR
Wayland
spamel
JulianWormwood
Matt Weir and family
Goose
Singeblister
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
Aragorn
PJMcBear
Mentalnurse
SimonM + 1
Nichola
Addo (leg permitting)
Eds (hopefully)
Neanderthal & Kalahari
Lodian
Copper_head
Mountain Man
Chris G and possibly tribe
Bikething
Lazysod
helly hansen
lottie.lou + 1
Bodge
andy_e

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Tony,

Have you got your accommodation sorted yet?

Chris

Yes thanks,

This season i will be sporting the lesser known Nissan sleeping system.
It comes complete with CD player, air-con, electrically operated ventilation portals, and high mounted illumination devices.

Bringing two sleeping bags, standard inside a kingsize (im a standard size before you ask).

Gonna bring two gallons of Oldham water too, best in the world. (local water usually tastes funny to me wherever i go).

My first knife arrived yesterday in the post, and i've squared the back for better sparky things.

Got to pack it all yet (better make a list).

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Yes thanks,

This season i will be sporting the lesser known Nissan sleeping system.
It comes complete with CD player, air-con, electrically operated ventilation portals, and high mounted illumination devices.

Bringing two sleeping bags, standard inside a kingsize (im a standard size before you ask).

Gonna bring two gallons of Oldham water too, best in the world. (local water usually tastes funny to me wherever i go).

My first knife arrived yesterday in the post, and i've squared the back for better sparky things.

Got to pack it all yet (better make a list).

:lmao: Funny how local water is the best, I think that but I'm sure we have the same water source as Oldham Tony :dunno: :bluThinki :thinkerg: :D

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Oh, and I have bad news :( I went to the European market yesterday and chap selling mead on has ran out of the good stuff (I'm hoping one of you lot has bought it all and is going to bring it :lmao: ). He won't be getting any until Friday :cussing: :rolleyes:

I tried the next best stuff at £11 per bottle but it just didn't make the grade I'm afraid :(

I may end up as I did at the summer moot with a bottle of sake warmed on the stove.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Speaking of 'Vino callapso' .........

Got mesen 10 bottles of wine from Asda for 45p last Sunday ...... and they gave me £20 in gift tokens.

How? ......Clue: Always read the small print.:deal:

So i'll pop a few bottles of red in the boot too.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I tried the next best stuff at £11 per bottle but it just didn't make the grade I'm afraid :(

When i went down and tried it I prefered the £11 stuff as the top of the range bottle was that sweet that i felt like bart and millhouse.....:1244: ......"man thats good squishy"....:1244: ......It was just over the top for my bitter tastebuds. Anyway horses for courses.:nana:
Greg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Greg, I meant to send your can opener off but completely forgot! Will you be making it down for the day at all? I am there from about lunchtime Saturday to Lunchtime Sunday. If not, I'll chuck it in the post for you. You'll need to send me your address a again though as I cleared out my PMs, forgot that your address was in one of them! :rolleyes:

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Fingers crossed i will be getting down for a while( maybe even more).
The car is now fixed...... I think, but i have yet to test it on a good run. So I should know more tonight. If all goes well the plan is camp fri night drive down to lincoln sat and spend the day with my daughter. Then drive back to the meet for a rest and a few beers. Acting as if I had never been away :D . If I do get down i will be bringing my fire stuff for a play at night.
Cheers Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE