Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm planning to pack my hammock camp in the car so I can set up on my way home from work Thursday. I should get there about 15:30.

The tribe is coming down Friday so I will be setting up tribe camp on Friday.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Really feel like im missing out by just visiting for the day on Saturday, would love to camp but i ain't got the gear, I have got enough gear to sleep in my car in comfort thou, so im tempted to kip in the car Saturday night (even if i have to pay £4 for the privelage). Would mean I can have a drink or three with y'all Sat night.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
My hammock camp will be free from Friday evening as I will be retiring to the lavvu when the tribe come so you are welcome to use it, the only caveat is that I will be taking my fur throw into the lavvu with me so you'll need an overcover/bag of some sort.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Call me a wimp,

(waits for shouts nationwide)

But for my first kip in a hammock, december would not be my first choice.

Thanks muchly for the offer, but i'll wait til i've got my own and tried it out a few times in better weather.

(just the fact that im escaping SWMBO for a night, is worth the kip in the car).

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Call me a wimp,

(waits for shouts nationwide)

But for my first kip in a hammock, december would not be my first choice.

Thanks muchly for the offer, but i'll wait til i've got my own and tried it out a few times in better weather.

(just the fact that im escaping SWMBO for a night, is worth the kip in the car).

That's ok Tony *cough wimp cough* it's fine *cough wimp cough* you do what you need to *cough wimp cough*.

:lmao: only pulling your plodder mate. I know what you're saying - this will be my first time this season in the hammock although I have slept out in it in cold temps leading up to this weekend - the under blanket makes a helluva difference. The thermal top and bottom base layer, military T-shirt, cotton T shirt, shirt, fleece, keks, and various over wrappings will see me right ;)

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
But i already have an 'off the ground camp' ............. it's called a caravan!!!

(runs for cover):buttkick: :ban:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Really feel like im missing out by just visiting for the day on Saturday, would love to camp but i ain't got the gear, I have got enough gear to sleep in my car in comfort thou, so im tempted to kip in the car Saturday night (even if i have to pay £4 for the privelage). Would mean I can have a drink or three with y'all Sat night.

As my lads not coming now I can lend you an Army bivvy bag and roll mat if you like. Just let me know and I'll bring them along. Sleep in a car - NEVER!

EDIT:- Just reading this back and it looks like you have nothing to sleep under! So you can borrow a poncho as well if you like - Just bring some bungees and tent pegs.

There - now you have no excuse to sleep in your car!

Only kidding! But the offer stands if you want to rough it like the rest of us!

Simon

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Call me a "fair-weather-bushcrafter", (Waits for howls of laughter), but as i am still vastly underequipped and inexperienced in all matters of bushcraft, I think i'll stick with the car for this meet.

I've only taken up camping in summer in the last three years, that's 42 years too late, and what with the blood thinning drugs and my poor circulation i think i'll probably freeze at this time of year.

All the offers of help and the loan of equipment are much appriciated, You lot really do go all out to make newbies welcome.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Bit of a change of plan for me, I have a friend coming down from Dundee, and so i am picking her up from the train station and staying here the friday to catch up. She'll be spending the rest of the weekend with the missus, they are good friends so I will be coming along Saturday with Ratbag. It saves us a few pounds as we can share the fuel instead of each bringing a car, hopefully we will have enough time to do some clay stuff and the oxtail cook off if it hasn't been done already by then. Sorry if this messes any plans up, but I am still coming so I'll see you all Saturday!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Bit of a change of plan for me, I have a friend coming down from Dundee, and so i am picking her up from the train station and staying here the friday to catch up. She'll be spending the rest of the weekend with the missus, they are good friends so I will be coming along Saturday with Ratbag. It saves us a few pounds as we can share the fuel instead of each bringing a car, hopefully we will have enough time to do some clay stuff and the oxtail cook off if it hasn't been done already by then. Sorry if this messes any plans up, but I am still coming so I'll see you all Saturday!

No worries Spam it makes sense to do that. We'll wait til your there until Oxfest ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE