Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just found out my brother and his wife are expecting, and decided next weekend would be a good time to come up and visit! :rolleyes: I'm not cancelling, this has been in the waiting for too long!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, he is coming down on Friday, and I am job hunting at the moment anyway, so he can pop up and see me whilst the olds are at work. He is camping with my Dads' old Peapod tent, still going strong, and has a Rambo knife! :rolleyes: Looks like all of his knives are blunt too, he doesn't know how to sharpen them, so I will show him how on my waterstones and give him the combi-stone I bought for Iraq. I'll give him a Mora blade as well, that should get him on the way. I can see him rifling my kit in fact!

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Ouch!! well sowing Velcro on to my hammock and sleeping bag/ under blanket seemed like a good idler but now my fingers hurt :confused:

And it’s gon'a need finishing off with a sowing machine
But I’m ready all but the packing now :nana: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oo the excitement :You_Rock_ :nana: :why: :lmao: :werd: :eek: :D :cool: ;) :bandit: :present: :1244: :nana: :You_Rock_

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Corr - Do you need to borrow a sewing machine?

Matt - can you PM me with your number please?

Think I've got a pass for Saturday night!!!!

First night in a hammock, but with an underblanket and a 3-4 season bag, there's no way it'll be colder than my 2 season bag in a tent in Braithwait on 31/12/99 - 01/01/00 when it hit minus 17!!!

Chris

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Am tempted to drive down for this one, though wouldn't make it down till mid-Saturday - got the Monday off though - hehehe!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
due to some unforseen plan changes, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this one.
Ah well, maybe next time.

sad-smiley-002.gif
Gutted you can't make this on Graham. Next time eh.

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Corr - Do you need to borrow a sewing machine?

Chris

No thank you I have a mother in law for that sort of thing but thanks for the offer what I have done by hand will do for the weekend but it will need fully sowing long term
I think I can “borrow” some rail way sleepers for the fire to, so they will keep us going for a bit
Theirs some pallets to hehe!

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Thanks Matt, it's a bit of a way but if I can make it I'll just fire down the M6 and be there in no time. I'm out the night before, but hopefully I'll have sobered up early enough to get there at a reasonable hour ;)

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Update:

I might actually be able to come, after all, depening on weather (only if it's decent, see below why)...

Question is the following: How suitable (if at all) would it be for me to bring my lad (8 months!) in an ATP (pram). I'm a bit worried about all the fire and sharp objects... Never been to a moot before!

My wife suggested dropping us of there in the morning (Sat) and then to go shopping in Manchester :rolleyes: to pick us/ lad up later in the evening. I might stay on and pitch my tent for the night to Sun, if anyone from Lancaster who could give me a lift home on Sun?

Please don't make fun of me:eek:

Cheers,

MIke

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Update:

I might actually be able to come, after all, depening on weather (only if it's decent, see below why)...

Question is the following: How suitable (if at all) would it be for me to bring my lad (8 months!) in an ATP (pram). I'm a bit worried about all the fire and sharp objects... Never been to a moot before!

My wife suggested dropping us of there in the morning (Sat) and then to go shopping in Manchester :rolleyes: to pick us/ lad up later in the evening. I might stay on and pitch my tent for the night to Sun, if anyone from Lancaster who could give me a lift home on Sun?

Please don't make fun of me:eek:

Cheers,

MIke

He'll be fine Mike - until we have the knife throwing competition or we decide on a game of kick the baby over the fire :D - just kidding.

Seriously, you'll be fine to bring him. Start 'em young. Thinking about it, all the hunter gatherer groups throughout time have managed fine with babies around fire and sharp things. There are kids that get dragged to these meets (mine included) so you won't be a lone parent - if you know what I mean.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
He'll be fine Mike - until we have the knife throwing competition or we decide on a game of kick the baby over the fire :D - just kidding.

:eek: I don't know if I like you anymore... :D

Seriously, you'll be fine to bring him. Start 'em young. Thinking about it, all the hunter gatherer groups throughout time have managed fine with babies around fire and sharp things. There are kids that get dragged to these meets (mine included) so you won't be a lone parent - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the encouragement! Looking forward to the meet!

Matt, Can I pm you re: swap of mobile no's, just in case (I promise to share the profits when I sell it on)? I also like one of the safety leaflets, need something to start a fire :p.

Mike

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
:eek: I don't know if I like you anymore... :D

Thanks for the encouragement! Looking forward to the meet!

Matt, Can I pm you re: swap of mobile no's, just in case (I promise to share the profits when I sell it on)? I also like one of the safety leaflets, need something to start a fire :p.

Mike

:D no worries.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE