Middlewood Meet - 30 Oct 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What did you do to need a trip to casualty Steve ?

Good to put a few more names to faces again. A bit gutted I couldn't stay over but looking out of the curtains this morning made it a bit better. :umbrella:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What did you do to need a trip to casualty Steve ?

:eek: :eek: I was very careless.

Having just stropped my opi I sliced my index finger open right across the end. Right down to the bone :eek: 2 hours in casualty, three stitches and I had give a lesson to the doctor who stitched me up how to fit a finger bandage :rolleyes:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks for a great weekend to everybody! Cheers for organising these Simon, I do love the middlewood meets, I find them to be the most sociable and openly friendly meets with the most people. Kind of like its own little village!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Big thanks to everyone! was a great weekend if a little wet on sunday morning heh.
sorry i had to run so early but had to get home for my youngests birthday ;)

great meeting everyone and finally putting some names to faces, and thanks simon for organising!

i'll see you lot at the next one eh?

did anyone see if the larpers bothered to do anything on sunday? or did they think a mud demon had beset the camp?

F

Flumpie

For yet another fantastic weekend, I enjoyed chance to meet far more people this year and see familiar faces from last year now i'm just looking forward to January meet next!

Hope to see many of you there, and sorry for not catching everyone to say goodbye in the afternoon but think everyone was rushing with the rain

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
as a "ground dweller" I found the rain to be an a bit of a swine , looking with envy at those swinging snug from the trees :)

maybe next year I will take the plunge ....................................

till then thank heavens for GoreTex and Tatonka LOL

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Thanks all round, to organisers and friendly faces both.
I too was a ground dweller along with Melonfish. Apart from a slightly damp feet-end of the bivi, the weather really didn't bother me much.

Sorry for my drunken, amateurish attempt at public speaking :eek: :lmao: :rolleyes: :D

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
not sure if doing this right but just like to say to simon and everybody that helped set up the meet at middlewood thanks very much . it was great to meet so many likeminded folk and to learn so much stuff . cant wait for the next meet and thanks again to every body .

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thank you once again Simon, Middlewood event just keep getting better.

Great to meet old friends and make new ones too.

Nice to see a little rain didn't put people off, I'm looking forward to the next meet now.
4570.gif

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Another thanks to Simon, my favourite meet yet.

Riam set to with the bow drill set tonight kindly given to him by another member (sorry, can't remember who) and managed to get an ember. He also did the happy dance, sorry no pics though.

Thanks to everyone who were so free with their knowledge, wisdom and humour.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Yet another Thanks, especially to Simon, but also to everyone who was there, it's the people that make the meets so good, not the weather.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Another thanks to Simon, my favourite meet yet.

Riam set to with the bow drill set tonight kindly given to him by another member (sorry, can't remember who) and managed to get an ember. He also did the happy dance, sorry no pics though.

Thanks to everyone who were so free with their knowledge, wisdom and humour.

Finally got it?
Good.
I've never seen someone put so much effort into trying to get an ember.
Satisfying when you get one though, isn't it?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
remember, it's all about rhythm and posture.
Nice and smooth strokes, and lock the spindle steady.
Let me know how you get on.

wolfshead

Jun 21, 2008
Kibblesworth
Apologies to all for not managing to attend the meet, got a lovely dose of swine flu instead, which was loads of fun.
Souds like it was a cracking weekend, hopefully the next one isn't too far away

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE