Middlewood Brass Monkeys' Weekend - Friday 30 Jan - Sunday 1 Feb 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi all,

I'm back from my self imposed exile and would like to open up this weekend to the members here.

I have already posted this "elsewhere", and quite a few of you are already down to attend anyway. So any more takers?

Usual venue...Middlewood Scout Camp, Worsley, Manchester.
http://middlewoodcamp.org.uk/

Cost will be the usual £4 per person per night, all of which goes to Scouts not me!

After the last weekend when things got a little raucus I have decided to revise and revisit the original "Rules" that were devised for this venue by its original organiser Matt Weir.

SO...
Meet Guidelines and Responsibilities.
  • You are responsible for yourself, your kit and your food (before, during and after the Meet). You are also responsible for getting, safely, to and from the Meet.
  • I will collect together the camping/visitor fees and pay the site, you are responsible for bringing the money and giving it to me (and those of any dependant with you).
  • Prior to arrival you should know how to safely use the kit you’re going to use.
  • Don’t borrow anyone else’s kit without asking first. If they say no then respect that answer. If they say yes take note of any and all instruction they give on its use.
  • If you damage someone else’s kit you should be prepared to make reparations.
  • Rascism has no place in Bushcraft. If you make rascist or offense remarks you WILL be asked to leave. No refunds given.
  • Respect the site and any other users. Please be aware when using more colourful language that children, and other folk who may be offended could be within earshot. Parents please also be aware that later in the evening around the main fire the language may well get colourful after 2100hrs.
  • Don’t use anything sharp, heavy or dangerous if you’re feeling tired or unwell. And no sharps are to be used if you have had a drink so bottles out, sharps away please!
  • If you have an on going medical condition that people around you may need to know about please let me know either in this thread or at the Meet. E.g. I have Epilepsy, which becomes a problem when I’m tired.
  • You are responsible for your own actions (and those of any dependants with you) if it’s not on this list it doesn’t automatically mean that it’s ok to do it!
  • If you think that someone's doing something unsafe then tell them (politely).
  • Please use common sense at all times.
  • HAVE FUN!

Simon

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Now you're talking..... Count me in..
4167.gif

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'll put my name down for now but I'll need to confirm nearer the time.

SimonM
Wayland
Mad Dave
Wanderinstar + Fishaben.
Korvin Karbon
Firecrest
Neanderthal
Womble & Spike
Mesquite

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Would anyone be interested in a basic first aid workshop at the Meet?

No CPR cos I don't have access to a doll :rolleyes: , just the type of things we all encounter from time to time, such as:

Heat illnesses
Dehydration
Bleeding
Burns & Scalds
Choking,
Signs of shock
Concussion

Any requests for topics will be entertained.

Simon

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
SimonM
Wayland
Mad Dave
Wanderinstar + Fishaben.
Korvin Karbon
Firecrest
Neanderthal
Womble & Spike
Mesquite
ANDYWINKK
Sparksfly

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Would anyone be interested in a basic first aid workshop at the Meet?

No CPR cos I don't have access to a doll :rolleyes: , just the type of things we all encounter from time to time, such as:

Heat illnesses
Dehydration
Bleeding
Burns & Scalds

Any requests for topics will be entertained.

Simon

Great Idea Simon. Id be up for that since the week after the meet im going to Chester for a 2 day St.Johns Ambulance "Activity First Aid" course design for us outdoor types. Im not putting my name down here as well, im confused enough already. If it should be added, you may add me and Suz.

Stu.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
SimonM
Wayland
Mad Dave
Wanderinstar + Fishaben.
Korvin Karbon
Firecrest
Neanderthal
Womble & Spike
Mesquite
ANDYWINKK
Sparksfly
Tripitaka

At last! A meet I don't have to drive 3+ hrs to get there... :D

reddy

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Lancashire
Hi Simon,

I'd be interested in a bit of first aid, can I maybe suggest: choking, signs of shock, concussion, or anything that could be encountered when out hiking/ camping/ bushcrafting?

I'll not put my name down on here as well, as it could get pretty confusing! :D

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Simon,

I'd be interested in a bit of first aid, can I maybe suggest: choking, signs of shock, concussion, or anything that could be encountered when out hiking/ camping/ bushcrafting?

I'll not put my name down on here as well, as it could get pretty confusing! :D

Added them to the list ...

See you there.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE