Mead Making Supllies

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've never tried mead, always wanted too, but it has always eluded me. My missus tells me it tastes like ****e, but she says that of Krug too.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon,

I don't have any as old as ten years, but I have a couple of bottles left of a batch I made about four years ago. Would you like one to try? Its a dry sack metheglin flavoured with a little cinnamon and nutmeg

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Jon,

I don't have any as old as ten years, but I have a couple of bottles left of a batch I made about four years ago. Would you like one to try? Its a dry sack metheglin flavoured with a little cinnamon and nutmeg

Red

As if I'm going to say no :lmao: It's something that I've always wanted to try since reading Robin Hood books when I was a nipper.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm away this week mate - shoot me a pm next week and I'll post you a bottle Jon. Its very dry (as I like it). Its not a bit like any other drink so I wont try to describe it.

leon-1

I've never tried mead, always wanted too, but it has always eluded me. My missus tells me it tastes like ****e, but she says that of Krug too.

Your missus could be right, if the mead has been left on the yeast too long it can acquire quite a nasty taste. If then it is not allowed to mature as well (mead is something that requires patience as ideally any mead will require a minimum of a year to mature) it is gonna taste pretty awful.

Meads that have higher amounts of honey and the addition of other elements like fruit will take a barest minimum of 2 years to mature.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Nor me :confused: willing to be enlightened though :D

Did Dunc (gregorach) not do some mead making ?

cheers,
Toddy

I did, yes, once... But BR knows far more about it than I do, so I'll just leave it in his capable hands. (Actually, I missed this thread...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE