March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Mark is pick up about 7 okay for you? Be at the wood for 7:30

I usually struggle to get of bed before half seven, ha, but then again that's for work. Sure, 7 is grand. You can come in for a cuppa fore we head off if you like. Though then we mightn't get there til 7:36 :yikes: haha. I will PM you my number. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Does anyone have any decent bits of flint knockin' about that they would be willing to donate/sell? Would like to do some knapping at home. If not, there might something ?knapable? by the stream.

Jebus, I nearly forgot about booze. Imagine a night with you lot and no booze :eek:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
You lot have a great time! I look forward to the pictures.

Gordy

cheers gordy i'm sure we will, can't wait for my first meet

too right mark i might need the booze to numb the pain from falling out of my hammock lol and to keep warm cause i don't think my artic army bag i've ordered will turn up in time :(

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I usually struggle to get of bed before half seven, ha, but then again that's for work. Sure, 7 is grand. You can come in for a cuppa fore we head off if you like. Though then we mightn't get there til 7:36 :yikes: haha. I will PM you my number. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Does anyone have any decent bits of flint knockin' about that they would be willing to donate/sell? Would like to do some knapping at home. If not, there might something ?knapable? by the stream.

Jebus, I nearly forgot about booze. Imagine a night with you lot and no booze :eek:

sorry Mark there is no flint down by the stream, just lime stone and grit stone, soft as out that stuff....

i would give you some but dont have much myself mate, ive got a bit we can play with though.......

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Almost time boys!
I have a couple of rocks of flint im sure i can spare if anyone wants a tad!
Anyway! Does any one have a nigh on grid ref for both the car park and the site?
Lanny im sure you will have! lol!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
after over a month of waiting, my hammock came today :), hopefully ill have time to get some decent rope before the weekend

Hey up mate good news about the hammock!

Get urself to the nearest builders merchant and buy some rope from there... they normally have loads on selection and say the weights they can handle.
This is the 20m of 6mm stuff i got for about 17p a metre.. not bad price at all!

IMAG0525.jpg

Btw got the tomahawk near shaving sharp last night cant wait to make a few punji sticks for a bear trap!!!! woop woop

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
awesome, ill look forward to seeing some demos :), im gona have a browse online tonite and see if i can find something to pick up tomoro, im busy all friday

rancid badger

Almost time boys!
Anyway! Does any one have a nigh on grid ref for both the car park and the site?

Here you go:
http://www.brockwellwood.co.uk/

What time are you planning to go across on Saturday and are you hanging around or just calling in?

Cheers

Steve

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
awesome, ill look forward to seeing some demos :), im gona have a browse online tonite and see if i can find something to pick up tomoro, im busy all friday

im only joking... if i was to make proper punji sticks i would have to smear my numbers 2's on them like the vietcong.. ouch

Goodluck finding a builders merchants, there should be loads round newcastle and if you see ant builders ask em where the best one is. They everything youll ever need alot cheaper than camping shops or website most of the time

HT

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Almost time boys!

sorry old chap, cant find a map i can use with the gids on, looking online though its 2 squares, the line goes just below the brook, its got no numbers on it sorry....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sounds like you lads will have a ball of a time, shame its a bit too far for me. Hope all have a good laugh and learn some new skills

Dave

thanks dave, its always good just to get out 1 weekend evey 2 months for me, its never enough...;)

maybe there is a location nearer you we could meet up some time??????

regard...

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE