Lumberjack Pancake

Bearclaw

Jan 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
We visited sweden the weekend before Yule, and while there we visited the Skansen open air museum in Stockholm. they were having their Yule fare, and aslo were showing traditional crafts and foods etc.

There were some guys selling Lumberjack pancake and we sampled some, fan-funking-tastic. cooked on an open fire and served with lingonberry jelly, one filled me up for the rest of the day.

Pancake mix,
Big lumps of bacon, lots of.
Cooked in lard
then lingonberry jelly served on the side.

easy to do, filling and tastes lovely.

Oh and if you've never been, Skansen museum is well worth a visit.

JDilling

Jan 9, 2007
Connecticut, USA
Sounds like that would probhably have a high caloric content, which is a positive thing- if your active. Lard and bacon are going to provide a lot of fats as well. As I understand it, one benefit of fats is that they "stick", and unlike sugars, which will give yoyu a temperary burst of energy, fats will help to provide energy over a longer period of time.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Bearclaw said:
We visited sweden the weekend before Yule, and while there we visited the Skansen open air museum in Stockholm. they were having their Yule fare, and aslo were showing traditional crafts and foods etc.

There were some guys selling Lumberjack pancake and we sampled some, fan-funking-tastic. cooked on an open fire and served with lingonberry jelly, one filled me up for the rest of the day.

Pancake mix,
Big lumps of bacon, lots of.
Cooked in lard
then lingonberry jelly served on the side.

easy to do, filling and tastes lovely.

Oh and if you've never been, Skansen museum is well worth a visit.
Sounds fantastic. I suspect I couldn't use it as part of my calorie controlled diet. :lmao:

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
My gran used to make these for me as a cub, their the best, really filling and tastie, never tries them with lingonberry jam though. I'll head of to IKEA and get some. Mmmmmm :p

Thorfinn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE