Lowa boots sizing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
Hello everyone,

My trusty Haix DMS Kampfstiefel boots (the current issue BW boots) died on a recent trip to the Netherlands. The uppers are still good, but the the soles are dead.

I was initially looking at the Haix KSK 3000 as a replacement, but saw lots of recommendations for the Lowa Mountain boots instead. An online shop has them on discount, so I think I made me decision.

Regarding the size, considering that I used a size 44 (285mm) BW army boots, which size should I pick the Lowas? 44?
The 44 on the Lowas is a 283mm, but I can't find if this is the actual length of the footbed or the recommended foot size for the boot.

Thanks for any help

garethw

Settler
Hello everyone,

My trusty Haix DMS Kampfstiefel boots (the current issue BW boots) died on a recent trip to the Netherlands. The uppers are still good, but the the soles are dead.

I was initially looking at the Haix KSK 3000 as a replacement, but saw lots of recommendations for the Lowa Mountain boots instead. An online shop has them on discount, so I think I made me decision.

Regarding the size, considering that I used a size 44 (285mm) BW army boots, which size should I pick the Lowas? 44?
The 44 on the Lowas is a 283mm, but I can't find if this is the actual length of the footbed or the recommended foot size for the boot.

Thanks for any help

Personally I took a half size bigger as Lowa come up a bit small... I measured my feet at 295 and got 300's. They fit fine.. I got this advice from Polmil...
cheers
Gareth

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
Personally I took a half size bigger as Lowa come up a bit small... I measured my feet at 295 and got 300's. They fit fine.. I got this advice from Polmil...
cheers
Gareth

I guess that means I should go with the 44,5 (287mm) Lowas...
I would love to hearmore experiences
Thanks

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
Are they anything like the Salomons? I always need the 45 with Salomons.

I tried a pair of Lowa Renegades at a local score. The 44 was too small and the 45 was a tad too big, even if I was with thin socks. I have no idea if the lasts on the Renegades and Mountains are comparable

CACTUS ELF

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 16, 2012
Cheshire
I have lowa renegade's in size 45 and saloman xa pro 3d in size 11 and both fit fine. Haven't a clue what the lowa mountain boots fit like tho so this probably doesn't help. The renegade's are a great boot though.

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
I have Lowa Supercamps and I had to go a size up too. They seem narrower in comparison to other boots too, but very well made.

I would love the Supercamps as I'm not an huge fan of Goretex, but can't find them at discount/sale anywhere.
Narrow last doesn't sounds too good as I have relativelly wide feet

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
These guys have them in different width fittings...and they are on offer at the mo.

http://www.polimil.co.uk/lowa-mountain-gtx-boot-black.html

Cheers

Gareth

Thats where I bought my supercamps from. Bought a few things from them now and always found them easy to deal with. I walked the Ridgeway in them with only a ten mile walk beforehand in them. Didn't get wet feet, it was rainy every day, and no blisters :)

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
The boots I was looking for just went out of stock. They were the Lowa Mountain Sepia,for €149,00 at Recon-Company.com....

Anyway, that Polimil shop has a very nice range of Lowas, it's just a shame how week the Euro is facing the Pound now

Arierep

Jul 18, 2008
Portugal
Just a little actualization

Received the 44,5 Lowa Combats a week ago. Such a lucky guess, the size is spot on.

The boots are of incredible quality, every detail is proper 3/4 season high end, really pleased.
The shaft height is perfect, since I like to wear trouser blousers (nice halfway between gaiters and nothing at all).

Thanks for all the help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE