Long weekend

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
So most of us working people have a nice, long weekend in front of us.

What are your plans?

We are expecting people to come in a weeks time, for a three week stay, in our house.
One is in a wheel chair, so we need to reorganise the house a bit, get those bar things on toilets, make the place a bit more wheelchair friendly.
We have had an antique (mid Victorian) iron and brass bed in storage for the last 15 years, so that one I have been working on. Making the slated bit the mattress go on.

Then I need to rebuild a friends gun.
Plus a bit of fun, son wants my help to make a nice knife for his gf.
Rest I can do when I work....

what about you guys and gals?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Ah well, when one is retired, every day is a weekend :)
I've just taken up the pole-lathe (because I didn't have enough interests!) so I'll be doing some more practice on that.
Family Sunday lunch (probably BBQ subject to the weather) with an Easter Egg hunt on Sunday.
Then Monday I'll be laying out a grid for 50 small mammal traps in our wood for a start on a small mammal survey over the next 4 days :)
The main difference between a weekday and a weekend day is involvement from family and friends that are still working!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I am 58 so 10 more years, if the Gods keep me healthy.....

3 or 4 days is a perfect weekend to do stuff.
You guys in a more decent climate can go out and enjoy the weather.
Here it is crap. 30-35C, hard sun. No fun. too hot for my DNA.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
As the weather is looking good I hope to go through all our bee hives tomorrow and I'll see where the weekend goes from there!

If I get time I hope to make a start on a shaving horse, I've got a few more ideas from Ben Law's latest woodland workshop book.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If I get time I hope to make a start on a shaving horse, I've got a few more ideas from Ben Law's latest woodland workshop book.

I've ordered Sean Hellman's book, 'Shaving Horses, Lap Shaves and other Woodland Vices' for that exact same purpose but, unfortunately, I don't think it will arrive in time for me to put it to use this weekend :( Before you can work a pole lathe you need a shave horse!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I am 58 so 10 more years, if the Gods keep me healthy.....

3 or 4 days is a perfect weekend to do stuff.
You guys in a more decent climate can go out and enjoy the weather.
Here it is crap. 30-35C, hard sun. No fun. too hot for my DNA.
I’m only 62 and I’ve been totally retired for over 9 years (I was 53 at the time) I retired from my first career I’ve 20 years ago when I was 41, the second one when I was 53, and began drawing Social Security last year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE