Login issues fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Not to be a pain in the proverbial body parts but I am still having the login - no new posts (etc) issue.

So if I can be of any assistance with testing or further describing the specific situation, here it goes...

I cleared all my logged internet info//history, using Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.12)

I type in the address: bushcraftuk
I enter my login data at the mainpage (or that is what it seems to me any way...)
I try to read the new posts

Return: no results...

I go to a part of the forum and reply to a message... (this one for example)..
I get asked to login
I login
Compose the message
And now I CAN see new posts (at least that was the last time, probably goes the same way after posting this message)

Wishing you all the best and if I can do something to help out just let me know...

Patiently awaiting the answer(s) and solution...

Grtz Johan

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
i havent been on the site for afew weeks and although it said i was logged in i had no access to my pm's nor was i able to post! i have now changed my password and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Dan

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for the continuing feedback guys, especially those that take the time to mention when it does work for them;) We're still working on the bridge so for anyone that's still having problems we are getting it fixed!

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Thanks for the continuing feedback guys, especially those that take the time to mention when it does work for them;) We're still working on the bridge so for anyone that's still having problems we are getting it fixed!

Don't know if it helps but it starting working for me coincided with me doing a cookie and history flush - decided to do this after it worked fine in my new test ubuntu install - not sure if it is coincidence or not.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I just tried at work - where I have not cleared all the cookies and guff. The problem still exists there. I am using the same version of Firefox on Vista in both home and work. About to try clearing the cookies at work to see if it changes things.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I just tried at work - where I have not cleared all the cookies and guff. The problem still exists there. I am using the same version of Firefox on Vista in both home and work. About to try clearing the cookies at work to see if it changes things.

That worked. But only if I tick the "Remember Me" option on the main BCUK screen. I suspect I did this at home.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just tried that and I still can't log in (Although on the left hand side of the screen it says I am!) I have to go into the forums page, open up the members list where it then asks me to log in, AGAIN, it then works. WEIRD!!:rolleyes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Until the bridge is replaced there's going to be a few people that struggle to with a universal login across the whole site, it's a pain at the moment although everyone can post on the forum if they work around it. We know what's not workign and it's being fixed :D

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
As I can log in when I have the remember me option set and have to use the work around when I don't if you want to use me as a "test subject" feel free to ask. Actually stands as an open invite if you want me to test anything - I'm a software developer and have the usual browsers and other stuff installed as well as regular access using opera mini off my phone so may be of some use - just say if you want anything.

Good luck with fixing it.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Until the bridge is replaced there's going to be a few people that struggle to with a universal login across the whole site, it's a pain at the moment although everyone can post on the forum if they work around it. We know what's not workign and it's being fixed :D

Why is it only affecting some members? I seem to get the problem using Firefox 2.0 or Internet Explorer 7.0. With either combination of Windows Vista or Windows XP. Then on top of that with either my works PC, laptop or desktop PC.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
I'm getting the problem. Basically it accepts me, but on the forums I'm treated as a guest. If I try to post in the for sale section, it asks me to log in which I do & then I'm good for the forums. BUT... apparently I'm not allowed to post in the for sale section. Do I need more posts or something, or is it to do with the bridge problem?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Why is it only affecting some members? I seem to get the problem using Firefox 2.0 or Internet Explorer 7.0. With either combination of Windows Vista or Windows XP. Then on top of that with either my works PC, laptop or desktop PC.

Something we're trying to sort out:rolleyes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm getting the problem. Basically it accepts me, but on the forums I'm treated as a guest. If I try to post in the for sale section, it asks me to log in which I do & then I'm good for the forums. BUT... apparently I'm not allowed to post in the for sale section. Do I need more posts or something, or is it to do with the bridge problem?

Yeah, the work around you've done is the way to do it at the moment, things are taking longer than we had hoped. As for not being able to post in the classifieds that's because it's one of the benefits of supporting the site as a full member which you can subscribe to in your usercp down on the left menu.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE