Login issues fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
The other thing I have noticed is when I do log out and navigate away from the site, then return It still says I am logged in although I am not, so I have to hit the log out button to re log in. Strange.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Me too at 20:10 on 5 March - login on the Home page, go to forums, pages displays as though I am not logged in.

As for someone else, when I go to reply to this posting I get a logon prompt that allows me to post a reply.

Geoff

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
There has certainly been some change today since up till now I have had minimal problems with login, then today, both from work and home, the main site has had me logged in, but the forum has stubbornly refused to recognise me. Replying to thread, then entering password and username has worked, and I can now access the rest of the forum, but as methods go I think it will get old fast:rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It has just happened to me, it has been like this all day (For me any way!) I log in but when I try to enter the forum it doesn't recognise that I have logged in! :rolleyes:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Having the same problem too, had to make new password request as main site password wasn't recognised by the forum login.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
For me as when I log in at work I get automatically logged into the site and forum, from home on the downstairs PC I have to log into the site in order for the forum to recognise me and last night from an upstairs PC I had to log into the site but the forum wouldn't recognise me no matter what.

Compoopers! AAAArrrgh :banghead:

:lmao:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ok, the search is getting narrower :D In the past most issues could be sorted out by logging out of the forum and front end and then logging in again on the home page ( www.bushcraftuk.com ) and navigating from there.

There's some bridging software that works between the front and back ends and keeps them all in sync, the direction it works is front end to forum, not the other way round. What i don't get is why it's different on different machines... I'll look into it more.

One thing that needs to be avoided is changing any details just in the forum area as this will not be replicated on the front end (it's usually not possible to do this but just in case) the other way around it's replicated through the site.

So, any password requests etc should always be made from the front end of the site and used there to login so that they propagate through the different areas of the site correctly.

Well, get to the bottom of this...thanks for your patience:D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Oops, that would be me then - I now have two different passwords - not that I care that much at the moment - since it means I can actually use the site.

One thing Tony, before I made a forum-end password change request I couldn't log in to the forum at all using my main site password - this may have a bearing on why people are experiencing the problem differently - it seems other people have been able to log in directly to the forum via their main site password, I wasn't able to, but then I had never changed my main password from the one originally allocated by the site, perhaps your propagation steps only apply to those that manually set their password.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I'm afraid it's still the same for me.....and very much as better described by others since my previous post....

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The forum doesn't seem to recognise me when I've logged into the front page - It was Ok yesterday morning, but not yesterday evening or again today. I'm then logging into the forums, like others, by trying to post a reply.
The strange thing is that I have found that, once I'm logged into the forum, if I then click to go back a page via the ISP toolbar until I'm right back at the front page the forum still recognises me when I then click on New Posts (I hope that makes sense).

On a side note:
When are we going to put Tony (and also those who help and support him) up for sainthood? Hmm, Blond or Halo? Anyway, the work done on the site is very much appreciated - thanks to you all :You_Rock_

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
I now get Todays posts instead of last post and at the bottom of the page!