Login issues fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The login from joomla seems to work OK, but if I use the vB menubar logout, I only get logged out of vB. I have to use the joomla logout to completely logout of the site. Tone, if the vB menubar logout is redundant and just causing issues, why not remove it from the menubar altogether?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Good work guys :D.... and gals :) ... seems all fine from my end. I really should get around to joining this site so i can help with beta testing it.

Ed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm having trouble today. I used the normal way in, and it logged me in, but not into the forums. The only way I could find to log into the forums was to hit Post Reply and then a screen comes up asking to log in. What's that all about?

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Erm apparently my account has been locked out because i've tried to login in more than 5 times!

I've just had to log in twice just to post a reply.

Tis possessed i tell you, alien space magic!:why:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think there must be a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes to get the site to a good functional level. All of the problems being encountered at the moment are across the board so it is obvious that it isn't a dodgy computer or operating system or anything like that. Hopefully this is good news and our woes will be solved soon.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Mine seems to be all good. Has been for the last little while (funny how you don't notice when things are working :rolleyes:). Thanks for your work boss man! :D

I had to click quote to have a login screen to come up so i could login to the forums. i tried logging in to the site with the login area on the left of the screen - but it would tell me invalid username or password. When I tried clicking on the lost password and then entering my username and email address - it said username invalid. But needless to say I'm logged into the forums now. :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I log in on the main page, I've taken to clicking the "remember me" button as when I click "post reply" I get the "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. " so I do that, and ok my post is posted, but i then find myself logged out of the main page but still logged in on the forum page

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
This has caused a major problem with me this evening - tried to login, and could only login to the site on the left, not the forum. So I tried to post a message on the forum, but couldn't remember my password, so had to reset it, but it now won't let me edit my password, and won't sync the new password with the main page.. Help!!:puppy_dog

p.s. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.12 over Windows XP

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Despite logging in, then out and In again the forum page won't show me as logged in. I've just posted this by trying the "post reply" button which asked me to log in and this has worked. Hopefully it will be fixed..

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
It's extremely frustrating!!

I am never shown as logged in unless I go to make a post and type my password in when prompted. Also, that wasn't working today so I had to reset my password, and now I can't access the 'edit my password' page! It just won't show up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE