Login issues fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
tony, still problems for me too, login to the main site ok and can see page as normal, all links down the left hand side ok, quick links, partners etc. click on foruma and get today's post as if i havn't logged in, can fix this by clicking on an active user link at the bottom of the page, then get asked to log in to view, i can now see the forums, post etc and get pm's, but all the links down the left have dissapeared. sorry if i am repeating what you already know.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
1. I've had this problem for ages, namely when I read a section and then click one of the links at the top of the page to take me back to the forum index, that section still remains unread. The only way around this is to use the 'Mark forum read' option on the section.

2. If I make a post on a section that I have already marked as read and then return to the index, it shows up as having an unread post (namely the one I have just made).

3. The last few days I have logged on at the main site and then gone to read the forum only to find I am not properly logged on (all posts are shown as read). The only way around this is to goto make a post then login when prompted and then finally use a shortcut at the top of the page to return to the forum index, which now will show all unread posts since I last logged on.

I've exerienced the first two problems lon my desktop PC, laptop and works PC, which all use Mozilla Firefox.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Cheers boys.....you seem to have sorted my particular problem...haven't checked other people's problems 'tho...;)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I know how difficult it can be to sort out such issues, so hopefully this is seen as a helpful comment and not a complaint.

• I go to the home page and it shows me as logged in ("Hi Toadflax" in the top left of the screen).
  • I click on "Forums", takes me to the forums screen, top left of screen still says "Hi Toadflax", but forums strapline includes "Today's Posts" (typical of not being logged in). If I click on Today's Posts, I get a list of posts but no PMs showing (again typical of not being logged in).
  • I have tried logging out and back in again on both the home page and on the forums page, but still get the same response.
  • I have tried with IE7 and Seamonkey 1.1.7.
  • The only way I have found to log in is to start making a reply to a posting.

Let me know if you need me to try anything while you are debugging.

Geoff

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I know how difficult it can be to sort out such issues, so hopefully this is seen as a helpful comment and not a complaint.

• I go to the home page and it shows me as logged in ("Hi Toadflax" in the top left of the screen).
  • I click on "Forums", takes me to the forums screen, top left of screen still says "Hi Toadflax", but forums strapline includes "Today's Posts" (typical of not being logged in). If I click on Today's Posts, I get a list of posts but no PMs showing (again typical of not being logged in).
  • I have tried logging out and back in again on both the home page and on the forums page, but still get the same response.
  • I have tried with IE7 and Seamonkey 1.1.7.
  • The only way I have found to log in is to start making a reply to a posting.

Let me know if you need me to try anything while you are debugging.

Geoff

SNAP! I thought I was going mad at first, but obviously its not just me.

mariobab

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2006
croatia
tony, still problems for me too, login to the main site ok and can see page as normal, all links down the left hand side ok, quick links, partners etc. click on foruma and get today's post as if i havn't logged in, can fix this by clicking on an active user link at the bottom of the page, then get asked to log in to view, i can now see the forums, post etc and get pm's, but all the links down the left have dissapeared. sorry if i am repeating what you already know.
Same,but feel easier it not just me.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Since making my posting earlier today, it seems that it is all working fine now for Seamonkey - having not been able to log into the forum, I clicked to reply to a post and had to log in at that stage, but since then, Seamonkey has been working as normal - even after logging out of the main page and rebooting the PC as a further test.

However, the problem I described earlier is still in place for IE7.

I don't know if the site uses them, but could it possibly be related to cookies?

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
OK - a bit more information.

I cleared all cookies, stored passwords, browser cache, i.e. everything I could think of in Seamonkey, and when I came back to BCUK and logged in, the problem of not being logged into the Forum has reappeared.

I've hit the Reply button for this post and had to log in to be able to make the post.

Geoff

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
[Hi Tony, thanks for sorting out the logging in problem . You must get really browned off when these things happen, You will be pleased to get that out of the way. You do a grand job and it is much appreciated Sorry Tony I am getting in O.K. eventually but only by logging in at the problems forum page.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Any update on this please Tony..

My current position is that I cannot log in, or re-set my password using the left hand pane on the main site (and I've tried clicking on the 'Forgot Password' option - it doesn't actually send me anything..

So, I can log in to the forum, though I've had to 'forget' my password a couple times here to get in...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, update...we're still working on it, trying to pin down the cause of the disruption, sorry it's taking longer than expected.

To log in people should click on one of the names at the bottom of the page, a login window will appear and then login there. The problem as I explained previously is that the bridge between the forum and the rest of the site is damaged, thus changing your details on the left will not allow you to get into the forum, you need to use your original PW or contact us via info@bushcraftuk.com so we can change it for you manually.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Tony,

Here's another interesting one for you - whenever I click on a thread, it opens at the distance down the page that I was on the previous page. ie - scroll down the page, click on the next page icon and the next page opens up at the botom of the page. Also if I click on a thread, the thread will open up in the same way.

Funny things these 'puters.

Chris

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for that Chris, yeah, funny things! We're trying to work out what the issue is that causes it to open at the bottom of the page, the trouble is that so much has a knock on effect on other things, we'll get there though!

Thanks ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE