Loch Achray Winter Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just fired off an email to David Marshall Lodge about the possibility of another combined BCUK & SOTP winter meet, anybody fancy it?

No idea of a date yet as I've asked them to let me know of any free weekends first, I'm hoping the site will be fairly quiet over winter and we can pick a date to suit the majority.

This thread from September '09 gives a good idea of what went on

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:Good idea :approveL

We've been sort of arranging a Comriecroft 'bushcraft carboot sale', and skills sharing long weekend too.
If the hall's free then we've been told that we can have it very reasonably, and if not, then there'll be the barn that could be used for dry cover.

I think you'd get a lot of interest for Loch Achray though Shewie :)
I'm not coming, or at least I'm not for camping there though, it's midge central hell for me :sigh:

cheers,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I got bitten by a cleg at the end of last October :sigh: and only the snow stopped the thrice damned midgies :(
I'm sometimes tempted to try a little bloodletting into a balloon, with one of those wee handwarmers in it, and stand back and see just how many critturs try to munch on me :(

If mozzies ever get a good grip here, I'm shifting to the East coast where it's dry and windy, or maybe sussing out a no-see-um burka :rolleyes:

I know that folks love Loch Achray and the surrounds, but I've had only one day there when I wasn't munched upon; even as a child that area was a misery for me.

Have a brilliant weekend, and take photos :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've not a had a reply to my email yet, John Kelly gave me a contact number but I accidentally deleted all my PMs on SOTP the other day :(

I'll do some more digging

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tried on Friday and today to get through to the office but nobody's ever there, no reply on the email yet either.

Bear with me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE