Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
morch said:
If there are plenty of people interested, i'll have a lovely fresh organic lamb which i'm happy to bring along if anyone knows how to cook a whole lamb? Or i can butcher it and bring the legs and shoulders if people would prefer?

But you'll have to let me know as theres not much point bringing it if its not gonna be eaten.

Dave

Can we just confirm what's happening here, I don't mind cooking for one day, say Saturday. Is that OK with everybody?

I was thinking of doing two main pots, one for vegetarians and one for carnivores. The omnivores can mix them together if they like.... :D

It's how we usually run things on Medieval camps and it works for most people.

I can shop locally sometime on Saturday and depending on numbers we can have a whip round to cover the food costs. (I think we should pay Dave for the meat for a start, it's only fair.)

I'm bringing pots and hardware but my usual rule is if I cook, I don't do the washing up. Fair enough?... :deal:

I also need to know if there are any special requirements etc.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Judging by the previous responses, i was thinkin of just bringing a couple of shoulders and some ribs and bits n pieces. If i'm wrong and you'd rather a whole one you will have to let me know as it'll be getting slaughtered on Tuesday and i'll have to make sure its all ready for when i leave early on Thursday morning.

As for payment, you can either all make a small payment and Tony can have however much there is as a donation towards BCUK or people can make their own contributions directly to Tony. The stuff Nathan and I learn on these meets is more than enough payment for me.

Dave

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Dave, can you bring along any bones and spare grisly bits for making an initial stock please.

Just chuck them in a separate bag and we'll boil them all up. Some of the bones may be useful for making stuff too.

Joints sound fine to me I don't think we'll need the whole carcass.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
How does everyone go on about cooking. know there will probably be some communal meals on the go. Was thinking about personal open fires for cooking breakfast, brews etc. Also what facilitys are there, Toilets, washing, washing up etc.

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
Wayland said:
Can we just confirm what's happening here, I don't mind cooking for one day, say Saturday. Is that OK with everybody?

I was thinking of doing two main pots, one for vegetarians and one for carnivores. The omnivores can mix them together if they like.... :D

It's how we usually run things on Medieval camps and it works for most people.

I can shop locally sometime on Saturday and depending on numbers we can have a whip round to cover the food costs. (I think we should pay Dave for the meat for a start, it's only fair.)

I'm bringing pots and hardware but my usual rule is if I cook, I don't do the washing up. Fair enough?... :deal:

I also need to know if there are any special requirements etc.

I am happy to join in on a communal meal and will do whatever chores are required to help. I am sure my brother Mike B wil do likewise.

I will not be putting up anymore posts as I am Traveling to Loch Lomond first thing in the morning

So see you all at Achray

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
wanderinstar said:
How does everyone go on about cooking. know there will probably be some communal meals on the go. Was thinking about personal open fires for cooking breakfast, brews etc. Also what facilitys are there, Toilets, washing, washing up etc.

Personal fires could only be used on the existing fire spots so you are far better using the main fire point or using a stove.

There are no facilities. No toilets, no water supply, no washing facilities. Water from the loch can be drunk if it is boiled but that is about it.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
A portaloo could be arranged but unfortunately I do not have the time to call round. I am happy to contribute to one if it is arranged though.

If we have a portapotty type thing it could probably be emptied at the toilet block of the forest drive but I need to check if we can get access to it. The felling work might be taking place there.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I can't make the weekend, will just be popping by on friday.

Eric, you can leave the knapping gear. ....unless someone else want's to use it, I'll not be around long enough.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Josh, you can either leave the kids bow at the meet or just bring it next time. I have the DeerQuest DSC1 CD Rom for you but could post it, or leave it for next time.

Mary, I'll have Ross (nearly 9) and Andrew (7) with me.

Could I ask if anyone is bringing an archery target? I have a 1 metre square one but can't get it on the roof rack because of the canoe sitting there.....

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
We'll be bringing a square straw one, but it's only good for light bows really. Dunno what the limit is, but too high a poundage and you'll shoot straight through it.

Only got 40cm target faces too...

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Good idea.

But I'm not responsible if someone shoots it with a 60lb compound bow and looses their fletches... ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE