Loch Achray meet 13th -16th October, 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Tell you what, I'll leave mine, a bow or two and the canoe up there and pick them up again later :). I've monday booked off so can come back up on sunday night.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
just started packing, assembled my hammock/underblanket so it's all pitched in one go, fitted my new reflective guy lines to my hex fly, really looking forward to it :D
it's going to be a busy week for me,
I've got my birthday tomorrow, two job interviews in Aberdeen on Wednesday, and going to Achray on Thursday. :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
thanks. hopefully one of them'll give me a job.
i'm unemployed at the end of the month and i'd like to have something to go to when it happens.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Good luck then Graham. Aberdeen is a good place.

Looks like this is shaping up to be a great meet.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
im beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by all the craftiness thats going to be at the meet. i hope none of you mind having newbies about.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
also, gregorach mentioned that there might be one or two people that can sell me a decent pocket knife at the meet... is that the case? if it is i'll bring some cash along.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
locum76 said:
im beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by all the craftiness thats going to be at the meet. i hope none of you mind having newbies about.

don't feel bad, everyone was a newbie at one point.
come along and learn, there is always something new to learn.
as to the knife, andrew (outdoorcode) isn't coming, so i'm not sure about the knife sales. are you looking for a fixed or folding blade?
if it's a decent fixed blade you're after and don't want to lay out much cash, i've got a frosts mora lying about spare.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Eleanor seems keen to come so looks like I will have at least one daughter in tow. Looks like I will need a spot for two hammocks as Eleanor may only be 8 but she knows that a real bushcrafter only sleeps in a hammock or a Tipi.

She is currently doing a project at school on the Vikings. If only there were some way to work that into the weekend ;)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
MagiKelly said:
Eleanor seems keen to come so looks like I will have at least one daughter in tow. Looks like I will need a spot for two hammocks as Eleanor may only be 8 but she knows that a real bushcrafter only sleeps in a hammock or a Tipi.

She is currently doing a project at school on the Vikings. If only there were some way to work that into the weekend ;)
After kids return from a bushcraft weekend with all the characters they meet and alternative ways of doing and thinking teachers stop asking them questions because the answers arent always the ones in the text books! They aren't wrong just the not the answers being sought by most teachers :D .

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Graham_S said:
if it's a decent fixed blade you're after and don't want to lay out much cash, i've got a frosts mora lying about spare.

aye man, bring it along - i could be interested. i've got a couple of opinels that i use for work and in the garden. but a fixed blade could be good for outdoorsy stuff.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
MagiKelly said:
. Looks like I will need a spot for two hammocks as Eleanor may only be 8 but she knows that a real bushcrafter only sleeps in a hammock or a Tipi.

;)

Guess I'm not actually a bushcrafter yet then :rolleyes: .
We'll be in a tent, though I can see us all eyeing the hamocks enviously.

Looks like Paul may come too but we may not get there till later on friday night. Can someone save us a good spot for pitching said tent and we'll let you have a burl in the canoe :) .

Wayland

Hárbarðr
MagiKelly said:

Oh, I think we might be able to help out there John.... ;)

Final packing now. On route in half an hour.

See you all round the fire.
cold2.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE